Paranoid Cat?

Britty_Kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! I’m new to the site but a long time cat lover and a long time cat mom. My one cat is a beautiful black long haired baby boy(my baby) he is 3 years old. He is a very laid back chill cat. He’s been snuggling me heavily for the past 4-5 days ( he never leaves my side) I’m currently 40w1d pregnant with my first child. So I figure that’s why he’s been so close to me the past few days. Today he was snuggling me while I watched TV and then he ‘heard’ something. I didn’t hear anything but he got off my lap and laid at the other end of the couch and stared HARD down the hallway Staring into the bedroom. Wide eyes full attention for 10 minutes. Then I pet him and he jumped but wouldn’t break his line of vision. I tried turning his head and telling him it was okay but he fought against my hand and didn’t look at me would break his head free and look right back down the hallway. I got up and looked down the hallway to see if one of the other cats had moved or something but they are all sleeping. I walked in the bedroom and looked back at him. Whole time he did not break eye contact with the bedroom. I looked around and didn’t see anything. Then I sat back down. He jumped down and crouched low to the ground like he was scared and investigating. He walked slowly and cautiously down the hallway and into the bedroom. Turned around and came back but kept looking behind him. Then he looked at me and then back down the hallway. So I got up and he lead the way (cautiously of course) he lead me into the bedroom and looked around then went to the basement steps, sniffed around and then started walking back out into the bedroom then the hallway and then the living room. Figured he saw there was nothing there so I sat back down. He walked over like he was about to jump up and snuggle me again and right before he jumped he would turn sharp walk to the edge of the couch and look down the hallway again for 10 seconds turn around and come back like he was gonna jump up again. He did that 5 times, each time I would call his name and pat the couch and tell him ITS OKAY ONYX. JUST COME HERE. finally he jumped up and he’s been laying with me for 15-20 minutes and has been fine. I’ve never seen him do this before? Idk what to think of it. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated
Sincerely,
Britty kitty

Attachments

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the Cat Site! I'm partial to black cats, too.

Cats have hearing that is infinitely better than ours, and he probably heard something that you couldn't. Mine can start out of sleep with the slightest creak of the house or mice that I can't hear. Sometimes they will wait for a mouse in the kitchen for days that I can't see or smell.

Onyx heard something that really got his attention, and he wasn't going to let it go until he was sure it wasn't threatening.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Yes, sounds like he heard or saw something. Glad he got over it and settled down with you again.

Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy. :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Britty_Kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to the Cat Site! I'm partial to black cats, too.

Cats have hearing that is infinitely better than ours, and he probably heard something that you couldn't. Mine can start out of sleep with the slightest creak of the house or mice that I can't hear. Sometimes they will wait for a mouse in the kitchen for days that I can't see or smell.

Onyx heard something that really got his attention, and he wasn't going to let it go until he was sure it wasn't threatening.
Thank you so much. I appreciate it I just was worried something was wrong. He’s always been my little protector ♥ He follows me everywhere, bathroom, basement, to the fridge. He’s my little OnBon☺

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Britty_Kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Yes, sounds like he heard or saw something. Glad he got over it and settled down with you again.

Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy. :heartshape:
Thank you so much, he’s my little prince ♥ As for the pregnancy I hope she comes soon. So ready to have her already.