Paralyzed cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjlr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I got home today from tractor supply I found my barn cat in the loft crying unable to move his back legs or tail he has a minor cut on the side of his eye and a bald spot on his tail all the vets are closed and the closest emergency vet is a hour away his gums are pale and his eyes are closed right now he is in the feed room on a dog bed with a heat lamp

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would say he was attacked*, and suffering from a likely severe injury. Is he bleeding that you can tell? Good that you have moved him (I am guessing) to a more stable and secure location. Please place very nearby some food and water so that he can get to it easily, and see if he will eat or drink at all. If not that, try to use an oral syringe to squirt - a little bit at a time - in the side of his cheek, some water, and even some syrup in water. Even a slurry mix of wet food and water to see if he will take it. And, please call around to find some vet you can talk to.

*I just saw this post, thanks to Black Cats Abundant Black Cats Abundant - "crushed under a old metal bed frame". Either way, you need to find some help for him to determine his injuries. No one here, anymore than the other site you posted to, can give you a miracle solution.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cjlr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would say he was attacked*, and suffering from a likely severe injury. Is he bleeding that you can tell? Good that you have moved him (I am guessing) to a more stable and secure location. Please place very nearby some food and water so that he can get to it easily, and see if he will eat or drink at all. If not that, try to use an oral syringe to squirt - a little bit at a time - in the side of his cheek, some water, and even some syrup in water. Even a slurry mix of wet food and water to see if he will take it. And, please call around to find some vet you can talk to.

*I just saw this post, thanks to Black Cats Abundant Black Cats Abundant - "crushed under a old metal bed frame". Either way, you need to find some help for him to determine his injuries. No one here, anymore than the other site you posted to, can give you a miracle solution.
He has water and some soft food available

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He has water and some soft food available
Has he shown any interest in it? That is a good clue as to how bad things are.

Please keep us posted, and ask other questions in case there may be other ideas from our members.

He is in our thoughts and hopes for a positive turn around. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump:

Cjlr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has he shown any interest in it? That is a good clue as to how bad things are.

Please keep us posted, and ask other questions in case there may be other ideas from our members.

He is in our thoughts and hopes for a positive turn around. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump:
He drank some water and we are going to try to syringe feed him some soft food mixed with water

Cjlr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

What do you think he was attacked by?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This depends largely on where you live and what predators are nearby. Did you call the emergency vet like fionasmom fionasmom suggested?
Since we are not vets and cannot give you a diagnosis or expert medical advice I strongly suggest you contact them.

We are here to support you and will keep our fingers crossed he pulls through but please contact the ER vet.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tbh, does it matter? The fact that you brought up the old metal bed frame in another forum, tells me that is somehow in play. Whether that is the cause due to a ruckus with another animal, or that it fell on him for other reasons would be great to know, but might not matter in terms of his care.

He just sat up by himself and drank about 300ml of beef broth
That is encouraging!!

Please let us know if you get a hold of a vet, and if so or if not, keep us posted.

Cjlr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
today we had to make the difficult decision to put wheaton to sleep. The vet said that it was most likely a coyote attack his spine and tail, femur was broken and his bladder was damaged. He also had lots of internal bruising. He would have had to have multiple operations and a cath for the rest of his life.Thankyou for your concerns and prayers it has been a difficult day

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. My sincere sympathies and deepest regrets go out to you. RIP sweet angel. :angel:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So very sorry to read this news. We'll lock the thread now out of respect for your loss. We invite you to post a tribute to your little guy in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.