Panther

tigerblue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There's been a cat that's been hanging around our place for a while now, we've fed him a couple times because he looked hungry. He comes around almost daily now. We've even given him a name, Panther because he looks like a little black panther.

He is really cute, and he's sweet most of the time. But some things about him lead me to believe that he's been abused. There's a little hole on the underside of his chin that looks like it was done on purpose by someone. And if you try to touch his tummy he gets aggressive. He's nipped me a couple times, and scratched too, but never badly, and he seems to want to make up for it quickly.

When he sees me he meows, and he'll follow me into the house. I'm going to take him to the vet, and get him checked out soon. I'd like to make it official, and adopt him. I've never seen him with a tag or collar, so I don't think anyone owns him.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I say go for it and congratulations on getting a lovely kitty. It's good that you are having the kitty vet checked though.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerBlue

There's been a cat that's been hanging around our place for a while now, we've fed him a couple times because he looked hungry. He comes around almost daily now. We've even given him a name, Panther because he looks like a little black panther.

He is really cute, and he's sweet most of the time. But some things about him lead me to believe that he's been abused. There's a little hole on the underside of his chin that looks like it was done on purpose by someone. And if you try to touch his tummy he gets aggressive. He's nipped me a couple times, and scratched too, but never badly, and he seems to want to make up for it quickly.

When he sees me he meows, and he'll follow me into the house. I'm going to take him to the vet, and get him checked out soon. I'd like to make it official, and adopt him. I've never seen him with a tag or collar, so I don't think anyone owns him.
Make sure you post some "found" posters, tell the local pounds you found this cat and take this little one to the vet to check for a microchip. If after a week you don't hear from anyone...you can then consider this cat yours. Make sure that if he isn't neutered, that you have that done.

Katie

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Two of my girls are black kitties ... I call 'em my pocket panthers. LOL

Cats don't always like their tummies touched, they're definitely not like dogs. Also, the wounds he has may have come from other cats. Unneutered males fight pretty savagely.

I am so glad you that Panther has found you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerblue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't been here in like forever, but I wanted to start coming back and hanging out with some fellow kitty lovers.

I have some sad news concerning Panther, the stray I was feeding and caring for.

I came home from work one day, and my Mom told me she had some bad news, and she didn't know how to tell me. She started crying and told me Panther had died.

She saw him laying on the side of the road while I was on my way to work, and she was hoping I hadn't seen him. I was starting to cry myself. My Dad buried him while I was away so I wouldn't see him, and I went to where he was buried to say goodbye.

I feel so bad and I wish there was more I could have done for him.
There will never be another cat like him.

But I know this, the heartless person who hit him is going to have that on their mind. I know that whoever his owners were, if they cared for him more he'd still be around.

I loved him, I'll miss him, and I'll never forget him.
Rest In Peace Panther

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Panther. At least he was fed and loved during his final days, so he was not abandoned and abused his whole life. I hope whoever hit him never gets another good night's sleep, and their conscience bothers them forever.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on your loss of Panther. I agree with Krazy Kat - his final days showed him that there are indeed decent human beings in this world
Bless you for giving him the best days of his too short life. Godspeed over RB, Panther