Pain Lower Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I suspected it was infection since nothing was showing up on x-rays. Hoping she's all better soon!
You did:purr:. Should have paid more attention. Lesson learned;)

Amara already had her first dose of AB and is resting up from a long afternoon. Little trooper.
She was shaking so much at the vet but still kept on purring, funny little cat

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update on Amara. The AB(clindamycin) I got last week didn't really do enough and I could feel her getting warmer, so we temped on Monday and she had 40,5:eek2:
So I went back and I got another AB, amoxicillin and the advise to also give her Metacam.
As I am typing this Amara is sluggishly in my lap after 4 times AB and she's very warm to the touch. I can't temp her on my own right now but do I need to let this AB take it's course for another day or do I phone up again? I am so worried for my baby..where is this pain coming from and why is she not improving?

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd have thought it'll take longer than 24 hours for the amoxicillin to kick in, but if you're worried, by all means call the vet for advice. That's what they're there for. I'd be worrying in your position too, especially as this infection sounds really nasty. I wish I had some answers for you. You and Amara are in my thoughts :hugs::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point you need a second opinion. You say you are going to the best vet but margd is right, a different vet will have different experiences and might catch something this vet is missing. Sorta like seeing your doctor, sometimes your doctor doesn't have a clue or offers a misdiagnosis and a different doctor can figure out the real problem.

Has anyone checked for an unruptured abscess? That would be a nice little germ breeding factory. My baby managed to get one on her hip so far back it was practically on her butt, the vet said she likely got it from another cat chasing her and biting her in the butt.

Everyone is right, her peeing in front of the litter box is a clear sign she wants to do the right thing and go in the litter box but she's in too much pain to lift her legs over the ledge. Chop out the front of the box so there is no stepping over and resign yourself to sweeping or vacuuming up litter every day. If that's not fixed ASAP, she may get an association in her mind of litter box=pain and never go in the litter box again. And there's a good possibility the other cats will smell where she's going and go there as well.

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I called the emergency vet and he could have given her a cortison or something but he was afraid of damaging her immune system and he didn't want to do that in such a young animal.
Come morning I'm phoning the practice and we are going to look into FIP, Felv and Leuco...unfortunately. I will also mention the unruptured abces. Feeling broken and having all these dramatic scenario's in my head...Tomorrow is going to be tense...:(

I've been talking to my sister while this is going on and her boyfriend is a vet so in a way, she's my second opinion.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was going to suggest cortisone also. It may make a difference!

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing is going to make a difference...it's FIP... The vet found protein in the abdomen and Amara still had a high fever. I am absolutely gutted :bawling:

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope for a miracle. My mother had two cats that tested positive for FIP that lived a long time. She did have lots of cats die from FIP once it was brought into the house, but those two cats lucked out.

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amara has gone over the bridge to Beau and Nero....her liver was also failing...a sad sad ending to such a short life.
I'm having her cremated and we picked out a tiny heart with a single paw print. A symbol of who she was....
:bawling:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, my darling, I am so very, very sorry that this ended so tragically. You gave her your everything, and so very much love.

Rest you gentle, Amara, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read this. On behalf of the TCS Team, we offer our condolences for your loss. We'll lock the thread now out of respect for your loss. Please consider posting a tribute to your little girl in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.