Outdoor Cat House

alicia acconcio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’d be interested to know if anyone has a recommendation on a good outdoor cat house.  It does not have to be heated.  It’s for a warm, but rainy climate in Molokai, Hawaii.  Thank you.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I have an enclosure attached to the house, and it's ideal for our weather, which is similar to yours, I think.  In the worst of the wet I put a plastic cover over half of it.. that way they have lots of 'outdoor' space, but I can change it if needed.  I don't know if you're looking for something solid, but this is large (3metres by 1.8) and versatile.  I bought it in Australia and had to make it up myself.

kaitie09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For our outdoor cat, we bought an outdoor dog house that has two sections inside of it. The back section has a big fluffy blanket and the front section holds a bowl of food and water. It is completely weatherproof and since we live where there is snow, we insulated the "bed" section with foamboard. He hardly leaves it in the winter except to go to the bathroom.

This is the basic layout that we have:

I'm sure if you have some skills you could build one and waterproof it cheaper than you can buy one.