Out-talked by Your Cat

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to count how many exchanges I could make with Wesley before he shut up.

I counted to seventeen, just parroting back his meow as closely as I could manage, before I gave up just now and declared him the winner.

I swear he's part Siamese. Whats the record on the forum? I think I'm going to record the next one, but I sound so stupid trying to meow like him...

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think such a video would be cute and hysterical to watch and I, for one, can't wait for you to post it!

AC

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Parker just looks at me like I am idiot when I meow. Although, I have to admit, I do a pretty good cat impression. He only meows when I say "WHAT?!" in a high pitch, breathy voice or when I tell him to speak...but he'll only do it 3-4 times before he gets bored.

zendora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The only time I really ever hear Z talk is if DH or I happen to sneeze. Even then, its more of this concerned-sounding soft chatter ("me-mew?"). She has been known to run the full house to get to you and deliver her "bless you". Fake sneezes get nothing.

Panda doesn't meow unless something is seriously amiss, but will make dainty princess mews if she needs your attention.

Always wanted a talker, I think its awesome that Wesley is such a chatterbox!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 3 talkers (Spanky, Muddy and Stumpy). I'll have to count the number of times I have an exchange with them. Spanky never quite shuts up, and when Muddy gets going, he'll meowl for an hour. Stumpy isn't long winded, just LOUD.

kittymom4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have three talkers, though to what extent is different.

Grace will chirp at you and talk politely to you. She also "sings" once in awhile at night.

Lexie "rarws" not "meows" she is very demanding and persistent but it's mostly to tell you she wants breakfast etc. She doesn't really chat with you. Sometimes she does these short little chirps while shes running down the hall - shes such a tease and she wants you to play with her.

Simon is the talker. All day every day. He has full on conversations with everyone and that includes himself! You'll just find him in a room alone wailing away
- he particularly likes the bathroom because of the echo. Everything you say to him gets an answer. It's very funny but it does get a little annoying sometimes. I don't think there have been too many moments of silence in 1.5 years since he's been here!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forget the stare down, who blinks first contest, they always win
! I don't even have to 'Meow' to Maia, she simply answers 90% of the time I talk to her! Sometimes she makes it very difficult to talk on the phone

justjayde

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kismet is as vocal as can be... though his voice always sounds whiny so some days I find myself telling him to HUSH! I need to work on that lol

He will go on and on and on and on for an hour and if I talk to him he always talks back. Whether I speak in meow or human - he always has a reply.

I love him and his chatter most of the time.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JustJayde

Kismet is as vocal as can be... though his voice always sounds whiny so some days I find myself telling him to HUSH! I need to work on that lol

He will go on and on and on and on for an hour and if I talk to him he always talks back. Whether I speak in meow or human - he always has a reply.

I love him and his chatter most of the time.
I sometimes get short with Maia, tell her to 'Hush' because she does this call meow when she knows exactly where I am! She's a chatty Catty!

crystalkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had to smile at all the talking kitty stories.

Both of mine talk. Crystal is part Siamese, so she has always been conversational. She will usually run up to me and begin a conversation, especially if she wants something. If it's something she REALLY wants, she will not shut up until she gets it! She answers when I speak to her, either by meowing or purring at me. She purrs almost constantly when she is near me.

Russet just slowly started talking and now at 3 years old, he is quite to conversationalist. He will also come to me and make his requests, but what I enjoy is if I say his name, he ALWAYS will purr-meow a reply. Then I can begin a conversation and whatever I say to him, he answers me, still with the same purring meow. I love his voice, it's very musical.

Crystal adds a purr to her meow often too, but the sound is higher pitched and different.

I enjoy talking to them both. Well, almost skews enjoy -- until Crystal gets in her mind she'd like some tuna and becomes insistent. Fortunately thats a very rare occurrence.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

I wanted to count how many exchanges I could make with Wesley before he shut up.

I counted to seventeen, just parroting back his meow as closely as I could manage, before I gave up just now and declared him the winner.

I swear he's part Siamese. Whats the record on the forum? I think I'm going to record the next one, but I sound so stupid trying to meow like him...
Too funny! I hope you post the video when/if you do it. I have a real gabber too. It's Hoot, the DSH follow closely by Ramsey. Ramsey is a Snowshoe and then there is 'Bitz. 'Bitz sings more than chats. Hoot out talks everyone in the house. We should let Hoot and Wesley have a Skype chat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NutroMike

Too funny! I hope you post the video when/if you do it.
OK, here is a prime video example:

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, ha! I love that, Ducman! Too cute...

Although, I had to laugh even more about the echo. My friend, your house is either way too large, or you seriously need to throw some pics on the walls and some thicker/larger rugs on the floors.

AC

P.S. Totally unrelated, but props for the incredible level of patience displayed in the "Are we omnivores?" thread. I was rolling reading that conversation last night.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just love it
. Nothing makes me happier than to hear talking kitties. And, boy, do they have us trained. Pipsqueak could talk your ears off. Of course, he is part siamese,but he never shuts up and carries on a conversation to who ever will listen. He always has the last word

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

Just love it
. Nothing makes me happier than to hear talking kitties. And, boy, do they have us trained. Pipsqueak could talk your ears off. Of course, he is part siamese,but he never shuts up and carries on a conversation to who ever will listen. He always has the last word
That's too funny. You know, at first that is exactly what I was looking for are part siamese kitties. They just look so cute and you always here about the interesting personality of siamese, but I was always warned... they are going to talk your head off, so I was talked down.

Then sure enough my domestic shorthair Wesley turns out to be the chattiest boy ever! It is fun though, even if I do have to tell him to be quiet when I'm on the phone, heh!

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

P.S. Totally unrelated, but props for the incredible level of patience displayed in the "Are we omnivores?" thread.
That is what Wesley and I were debating, dontcha know!

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that video Ducman! Hahaha. The "Don't sniff me" video was great too. I had to sub to your channel.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

OK, here is a prime video example:

Your meows need practice =P

The 'Dont sniff me' video was WAY too cute. xD
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

P.S. Totally unrelated, but props for the incredible level of patience displayed in the "Are we omnivores?" thread. I was rolling reading that conversation last night.
Agreed, lol.