Our TICA cat show results

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Whew!! What a busy four days away from home. Yesterday was all specialty rings and I was a little confused with the format but it also left me quite disappointed. Today, we only stayed for the morning 4 rings so we could get home before 1 am. Today's rings were all Allbreed rings with the same judges from yesterday. The 4th ring our stud Monty became a Champion!!!! I was absolutely thrilled!!!

There were 3 other Sphynx competing against our 3 and they were doing really well. I did though, learn sooooo much over both days and I'm so glad we went, and still was happy about it before Monty got finalled, 10th best cat out of 40 total. The girls didn't do too bad getting 2nd and 3rd best of breed in the Specialty rings. In those rings though, they were only allowed top 5 for finals, so we didn't make any yesterday.

Also, during the morning, we went to check out the other cats as it was less busy today. My husband has this thing about British Shorthairs...but, the breeder showing them had no kittens available yet. He did have Selkirk Rex kittens for sale so we checked them out and OMG cute as pie!! PICTURES TO COME!!! The gentleman was talking to us in great depth about them and one of them he had was this gorgeos black tortie with these amazing eyes. But he told us his vet said she has a heart murmur and that she would be sold at a much reduced price. He also said she wouldn't come with a health guarantee because he can't promise perfect health but did say sometimes they do outgrow the murmur.

I could not let this little girl not come home with me and hubby. I figured that I know enough to handle her issue and I wanted her. I felt horribly for her not yet being adopted. She is already spayed and has all shots including rabies. She is 14 weeks old and OMG what a lovebug!!! She slept on my daughter almost the whole 6 hr drive home. We're already in love

Thanks for letting me share my happy news with my friends here. I am elated

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great Monty became a Champion.
I am going to have to look for another shynx again to show.
Cleo was terrible and I might stop showing her and it is because her attitude.
She will not be going t the TICA show.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

Hi everyone! Whew!! What a busy four days away from home. Yesterday was all specialty rings and I was a little confused with the format but it also left me quite disappointed. Today, we only stayed for the morning 4 rings so we could get home before 1 am. Today's rings were all Allbreed rings with the same judges from yesterday. The 4th ring our stud Monty became a Champion!!!! I was absolutely thrilled!!!

There were 3 other Sphynx competing against our 3 and they were doing really well. I did though, learn sooooo much over both days and I'm so glad we went, and still was happy about it before Monty got finalled, 10th best cat out of 40 total. The girls didn't do too bad getting 2nd and 3rd best of breed in the Specialty rings. In those rings though, they were only allowed top 5 for finals, so we didn't make any yesterday.

Also, during the morning, we went to check out the other cats as it was less busy today. My husband has this thing about British Shorthairs...but, the breeder showing them had no kittens available yet. He did have Selkirk Rex kittens for sale so we checked them out and OMG cute as pie!! PICTURES TO COME!!! The gentleman was talking to us in great depth about them and one of them he had was this gorgeos black tortie with these amazing eyes. But he told us his vet said she has a heart murmur and that she would be sold at a much reduced price. He also said she wouldn't come with a health guarantee because he can't promise perfect health but did say sometimes they do outgrow the murmur.

I could not let this little girl not come home with me and hubby. I figured that I know enough to handle her issue and I wanted her. I felt horribly for her not yet being adopted. She is already spayed and has all shots including rabies. She is 14 weeks old and OMG what a lovebug!!! She slept on my daughter almost the whole 6 hr drive home. We're already in love

Thanks for letting me share my happy news with my friends here. I am elated
Awesome!!! Congrats on Monty!!

Originally Posted by mews2much

That is great Monty became a Champion.
I am going to have to look for another shynx again to show.
Cleo was terrible and I might stop showing her and it is because her attitude.
She will not be going t the TICA show.
Jacky - I am so sorry about Cleo - but you are going to show wrinkles, right? are you going to get yet another one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you Jacky for the compliment! I am so sorry Cleo isn't liking showing as much as you do
I do know how you feel as Molly was terrible both days, growling at us but not the judges thank goodness. The other spynx breeder said "She is going into season! Look at her mammaries!!" Yes and the mammaries are swollen like little pancakes under the skin which is not easily hidden LOL. Soooo, she is in heat and yes PMSy-like.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carolina,
I am showing Wrinkles in 2 weeks.
I want to get another sphynx that is like Cleo.
Everyone loves her face.
Susan,
Now you can breed Molly.
Cleo purrs in the benching area but turns crazy when judges go to grab her or me.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wellington, he finalled in the Allbreed ring. They were allowed more in these rings as there were more cats--40.

I am so happy though, it's unreal!!!

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CONGRATS Monty! And congrats on the new kitty! Can't wait to see pics!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, here's a picture of our kitty. The breeder has her name as Catalina not sure if we're going to keep that as her call name. I have been calling her Pumpkin. The picture is the best one out of the ones my daughter took. I forgot my camera so I only have this one that I like. I will take more

What do you all think?

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, she was quite comfy sitting and sleeping on my daughter's lap for 6 hrs LOL. She is a doll for sure. We are already in such love

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh she's so cute! Love the name Pumpkin

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much P&R, she is great. She goes to the vet again today, first time we tried, I could not find the little rascal! She was hiding/relaxing under my recliner LOL.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks Nial, I appreciate you chiming in! You are THE elite breeder afterall
You know so much, it makes me look like a kindergartner in the show hall
It's so nice to read about your fantastic kitties. I know you've retired, but your knowledge has not. It is valuable to us here and keep your comments coming!

Susan

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree - Nial is a wealth of info. Even I learned a lot about the Bengals. Tho you may retire, you never stop learning. I don't breed Rexes any more, but still know a lot and can pass on my knowledge too

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well thanks, both of you! But, honestly "elite" is hardly a word I'd use to describe me or Teri.

We do our best and still fail enough to make us humble. Breeding cats is tough but rewarding and we all learn something new as we go along, whether you are just starting out or someone who's got 25 or more years of experience.
I think it would do some of the old timers who are still breeding, some good to listen to some of the ideas the relative newbies have. They often think out of the box and aren't stuck in their own cattery mantra, because it doesn't exist for them yet.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nial, you're being so humble, but you should know by the kind of cats you've bred and the kittens you've raised. I wish there was a person who lived near me that would teach me everything I need to know but I do have a few new breeders that I have contact with and they are a wealth of information. The sphynx are so unique but as we try to create the perfect show quality cat with all the traits of the standard, we will not be perfect. You can't force a cat to make the kittens a certain way, it's up to us breeders to ensure the partners have qualities that are well defined and hopefully produce that Perfect little one. If we don't succeed we try again. Many pet owners don't know the difference between a show and pet quality kitten and with the help of other breeders, we can try our best to get all the right traits in all kittens. That being said, I just want to ensure the longevity of the Sphynx. They are a wonderful breed which would be severely missed if it no longer existed.