Our Sweetest Marley Has Left To Chase Buggies In The Sky

kitoneil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After a very (sudden) and long 2 weeks, my boyfriend and I let our sweet, so very loved, almost 14 year old Maine Coon Marley pass on yesterday.

Marley was our world. She was such a unique and special girl. And so beautiful. In her glory days she tipped the scale at 22 lbs, all lean muscle and long silky fluff. Vets always commented on how healthy and well taken care of she was. Her world revolved around us just as much as ours did around her. I've never come home and opened my door to her not sitting directly where I need to step, to say hello and demand treatsies of some kind as she rubbed up against my legs, until today. She was a feisty girl, but gave the best snuggles. She always slept with me on my side of the bed, stretched out against me, and purred me to sleep. Through the hardest times I've been through, my dads passing, my own hospitalization I almost didn't come home from, when my mom needed emergency brain surgery, she was always by my side. My giant fluffy rock who would lick the tears off of my face as she gently butted her head up against it, telling me she was there.

And she was also such a daddy's girl also. Her favorite spot was stretched out along my boyfriends lap, along his leg like a fluffy cheetah on a tree branch. And he loved her so so much. My heart breaks even more for him. He is in college full time, and the last year and a half, Marley has lied next him, for hours while he studied and did homework. He finished his last final of the summer yesterday,1 hour before the home vet came to help us let her go. She made sure to stay until he was finished.
From her cheerful chirps (she was a big talker, one of the things we loved so much about her) to her quiet "purr-meows", to her pissed of yowl when you touched that wrong spot on her belly...we miss every tiny piece of her, and our house is so lonely now. She eased into her final cat nap, in mine and Jeff's arms, as we talked and snuggled and kissed her to sleep at home. Her last little kitty breath was so peaceful, and we are so thankful that she could leave that way. She sleeps next to my besties cat Melvin now, in the shade of a big tree next to a small creek out in the quiet country. We love you so much Marley, thank you for being so good to us. If love could of kept you here, you would of lived forever.
Thank you for reading this, its never an easy decision to make, and never right or wrong. Your always going to want one more day, think that they have one more day. Watch your kitty, and follow your heart.

P.S. Screw you cancer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitoneil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sweet girl

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to such a pretty, fluffy girl! It sounds like she had a wonderful long life with people who pampered and loved her like the queen she was. Thank you for telling her story, it somehow releases a little of the pain with the telling, and lets many give a sweetheart her due.
Of course you miss her, her presence was so strong in your life, and she taught you the meaning of what love is all about. You will always have a special place in your heart reserved for her. The bond you both formed with her is forged from love, so eternal, the physical body may fail but what she gave to you is priceless and forever. You shared your life's journey for a while, and though her new path takes her from your life, her 'essence' will parallel yours until one day your paths cross once more.
She would be the last one to want to bring pain to your heart, she loves you too much.Go into the future seeking sunshine and happiness, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go. She is a beautiful part of your past now, use your memories of happier times to bring comfort and begin the long road to healing.
Time is the only thing that softens the sharp edges of grief, surround yourself with people who understand your pain and be gentle on yourself. I'll keep all three of you in my thoughts and prayers, I'll cry for the pain you going through. That little girl deserves no less. Take care........RIP precious Marley, the world is a little darker with your passing. But the pure, white light that shines forth from your new star in the summer sky will forever more blaze forth and find the hearts that miss you so very much. Goodnight, sleep tight, sweetheart!

kitoneil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to such a pretty, fluffy girl! It sounds like she had a wonderful long life with people who pampered and loved her like the queen she was. Thank you for telling her story, it somehow releases a little of the pain with the telling, and lets many give a sweetheart her due.
Of course you miss her, her presence was so strong in your life, and she taught you the meaning of what love is all about. You will always have a special place in your heart reserved for her. The bond you both formed with her is forged from love, so eternal, the physical body may fail but what she gave to you is priceless and forever. You shared your life's journey for a while, and though her new path takes her from your life, her 'essence' will parallel yours until one day your paths cross once more.
She would be the last one to want to bring pain to your heart, she loves you too much.Go into the future seeking sunshine and happiness, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go. She is a beautiful part of your past now, use your memories of happier times to bring comfort and begin the long road to healing.
Time is the only thing that softens the sharp edges of grief, surround yourself with people who understand your pain and be gentle on yourself. I'll keep all three of you in my thoughts and prayers, I'll cry for the pain you going through. That little girl deserves no less. Take care........RIP precious Marley, the world is a little darker with your passing. But the pure, white light that shines forth from your new star in the summer sky will forever more blaze forth and find the hearts that miss you so very much. Goodnight, sleep tight, sweetheart!
Thank you for the sweet message. And yes, I sobbed while I typed this, but it helped release some feelings, to tell people who understand her story and how much she meant to us. I really appreciate your words, thank you for taking the time to read about our girl.

kitoneil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss....what a beautiful story of a wonderful kitty, where's my hanky? :( :bawling2:

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :rbheart:
Thank you. We are so sad, but we let her go before she took that turn for the worse. Our girl left us peacefully, all we could ever ask for. Thank you again for taking the time to read about her :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Marley, dream you deep. Your pawprints are forever on someone's heart.

Dear heavens, she was, and is, beautiful. And I wholeheartedly agree, "SCREW YOU, CANCER!"

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:catrub: Condolences on the loss of your precious girl. Marley was the quintessential Maine Coon! In your tribute, I recognize many of the traits of my own J.C. and my heart breaks knowing how especially empty your home is now. I salute you for making the painful decision to release her before her situation became desperate. MCs, especially, have intense dignity, never wanting to appear feeble or needy. They are big, magnificent kitters, intelligent, entertaining, expressive but never groveling. Marley had gorgeous markings, I can see where the myth of raccoons and cats cross-breeding came from. Again, my condolences.:alright:

kitoneil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, and you are so right, intense dignity is a great word for her. I always told her how resplendent and regal she was :) I think it went to her head lol. Thank you for the reply, we miss her terribly still, and when I see replays to this, it makes me feel good to know there are others who care so deeply for their furry ones, and understand the pain their loss leaves, even when it's for the better for them. Thanks again!

kitoneil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Marley, dream you deep. Your pawprints are forever on someone's heart.

Dear heavens, she was, and is, beautiful. And I wholeheartedly agree, "SCREW YOU, CANCER!"
Thank you! She is so missed, but reading replies to this, and knowing people understand our loss, is comforting, and I feel a little better. Thank you!

kitoneil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss....what a beautiful story of a wonderful kitty, where's my hanky? :( :bawling2:

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :rbheart:
Thank m you for reading about our girl. We miss her so much still, but reading replies to this makes me feel better, more understood. I appreciate you taking time to read and send your condolences. Thank you!

kitoneil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank your for taking to time to read about our Marley. Reading these helps me greatly. Even just knowing there are others who loves their sweets kitty's so much, who sympathize wether they are going thru something similar or already have, it encourages me that eventually one day, I won't be SO sad still. I know it will stay with me always, but it will get better. Thanks again for taking the time to read about her

Kitten70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your story is very sweet, had tears in my eyes... Having lost our cat to cancer (lymphoma, same type as yours, I think) recently makes me sympathize with you.
May you find comfort in the sweet memories you had with her, those memories can't be taken away by a stupid illness such as cancer. You gave the best to her and she left with dignity, RIP sweet girl.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
After a very (sudden) and long 2 weeks, my boyfriend and I let our sweet, so very loved, almost 14 year old Maine Coon Marley pass on yesterday.

Marley was our world. She was such a unique and special girl. And so beautiful. In her glory days she tipped the scale at 22 lbs, all lean muscle and long silky fluff. Vets always commented on how healthy and well taken care of she was. Her world revolved around us just as much as ours did around her. I've never come home and opened my door to her not sitting directly where I need to step, to say hello and demand treatsies of some kind as she rubbed up against my legs, until today. She was a feisty girl, but gave the best snuggles. She always slept with me on my side of the bed, stretched out against me, and purred me to sleep. Through the hardest times I've been through, my dads passing, my own hospitalization I almost didn't come home from, when my mom needed emergency brain surgery, she was always by my side. My giant fluffy rock who would lick the tears off of my face as she gently butted her head up against it, telling me she was there.

And she was also such a daddy's girl also. Her favorite spot was stretched out along my boyfriends lap, along his leg like a fluffy cheetah on a tree branch. And he loved her so so much. My heart breaks even more for him. He is in college full time, and the last year and a half, Marley has lied next him, for hours while he studied and did homework. He finished his last final of the summer yesterday,1 hour before the home vet came to help us let her go. She made sure to stay until he was finished.
From her cheerful chirps (she was a big talker, one of the things we loved so much about her) to her quiet "purr-meows", to her pissed of yowl when you touched that wrong spot on her belly...we miss every tiny piece of her, and our house is so lonely now. She eased into her final cat nap, in mine and Jeff's arms, as we talked and snuggled and kissed her to sleep at home. Her last little kitty breath was so peaceful, and we are so thankful that she could leave that way. She sleeps next to my besties cat Melvin now, in the shade of a big tree next to a small creek out in the quiet country. We love you so much Marley, thank you for being so good to us. If love could of kept you here, you would of lived forever.
Thank you for reading this, its never an easy decision to make, and never right or wrong. Your always going to want one more day, think that they have one more day. Watch your kitty, and follow your heart.

P.S. Screw you cancer!