Our Sweet Pinky

littlebittyrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is our sweet Pinky. She was 15yrs old when she crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.
It has been almost 2yrs since she passed. We think about her every singe day. We watched her grow from a tiny kitten to a sweet beautiful cat!. At first with me when I met her, she was only a few weeks old, she would always hide. After a few weeks she'd follow me all over the place.
We miss her so very much. The love that she gave, that any pet give you is so deep, unconditional & precious. :redheartpump: My plans is to someday soon get a memorial tattoo of her. 💓
Two of our favorite pictures of her, one of when she was so young, the other when she was 15yrs old. 2bb4673d8.jpg 20220710_230815.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm very sorry about your sweet Pinky crossing the rainbow bridge almost two years ago.:angel: I'm sure honoring her with a memorial tattoo would be a lovely and comforting thought. Thank you for sharing the two pics of her. I hope you enjoy the site and all the resources that are available here for cat lovers. :lovecat2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlebittyrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The picture of Pinky with one ear was not to long after she had to have surgery to remove a cancerous mass in her ear, losing her ear and hearing on that side.
While they removed the mass of course there was no guarantee all of the cancer was removed. While it took a month or two for her to completely heal from the surgery, we did not want to put her thru chemotherapy which was as we all know not a 100% guarantee it would never come back. The surgery gave her almost 2 yrs. 2 more years to love her and have her close to us. :redheartpump:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These anniversaries are always so bittersweet. On one hand, it brings up the pain of loss, leaving an aching, hurting, feeling in our hearts, but it also brings up the joy and wonderful loving memories they leave with us to bring comfort over the years. We can have so many years of love and joy but it seems that one day of loss overshadows everything......
The good news is that eventually your feelings of gratitude for having her in your life will evolve out of the loss, somehow time dulls our sharp edges of sorrow. But it takes a long time. Two years is the point where most say the loss is beginning to be managed, but sometimes it takes even much longer than that. Somehow we muddle through the grieving process and learn ways to process what we are going through. It is different for everyone. We are here to show you that though we are changed forever it can be survived, we learn a new life's order and go on. There is no choice. Also I like to believe that our little one's would want us to go forward and live our future as we would want for them to go on if we were the first to go, not in tears and sadness, but using what they left as their legacy, how to love. We can never replace their love but we can add on to it, making it grow even stronger, blooming and bringing even more joy to our souls.
"Do not cry because it is over, smile because it ahppened."
I am so happy you got so many years with that precious girl. she gave you so much, and you gave her what she wanted most on this earth, a home, care, and someone to love her.......RIP beautiful Pinky. You will never be forgotten, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Last edited:

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The picture of Pinky with one ear was not to long after she had to have surgery to remove a cancerous mass in her ear, losing her ear and hearing on that side.
While they removed the mass of course there was no guarantee all of the cancer was removed. While it took a month or two for her to completely heal from the surgery, we did not want to put her thru chemotherapy which was as we all know not a 100% guarantee it would never come back. The surgery gave her almost 2 yrs. 2 more years to love her and have her close to us. :redheartpump:
Welcome to the family! I’m certain Pinky is watching over you now as your angel. She remembers nothing but the love and joy you gave her.