Our sweet beloved Tikka

TikkaBeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, I have some sad news to share. Our beloved cat Tikka passed away Thursday morning after her battle with mammary cancer, which had spread to her lungs. I couldn’t even write this the day of, have just been slowly rolling out these notices, between thinking about her and missing her. But we’ve gone to these forums so many times for advice for her, and really appreciate everyone who has helped us along the way.

Too many photos to choose from, here are just a few. It breaks my heart that from now on there will be no new moments, just memories. She was an unforgettable cat who will be dearly missed.
F72A1C41-B2CE-42DB-9FEC-EC6190248B10.jpeg
B6D719B7-C256-437C-AC34-0810783D5B65.jpeg
B802D2E7-7B4C-4260-8F2E-9F589AB37BEA.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your pain......this loss to your life will hurt a long time, it is something you never get over, you just learn how to cope with it.
You gave her comfort when she needed it most, for that she will thank you forever. to have someone be there beside her, to help her fight, to give her comfort, care, and a home meant everything to her. I pray your memories will eventually bring you comfort instead of pain, but it takes time, and a lot of it.
She will always be connected to your heart by the eternal bonds of love. Send her thoughts of love and she will do the same. Love is spiritual so eternal. go forward now and step into the future to live it as you would have wanted for her to go forward if you were the first to go. sha wants no less because that is love.
to mourn and to continue to love someone after death is a great honor. Use the legacy she left you and spread that love, passing it down the generations into perpetuity. She gave you a great gift on this earth, the gift of a cat's love.......Take care of yourself.......RIP precious Tikka. You will always be remembered, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

2ShortTails

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very eloquently put Di and Bob! ♡♡♡

I know your pain....and i feel we all know your pain. I lost a very special cat, less than 2 years old to a rare cancer, last September. He was a substantial loss to us and his littermate brother. I'm still grieving and have yet to honor him here. However, grief is a lifelong process. I pray you go easy on yourself and have faith in knowing you gave her an abundance of love and did everything you could to help her. I wish i had the words to help ease your heartbreak. She is a beautiful soul who now has angel wings. Embrace memories and find comfort in knowing that she knew she was deeply loved. Hugs and prayers!!!! ♡♡♡ I fully believe we will see them again. RIP Tikka, you will always be loved and cherished. ♡♡♡

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Tikka, dream you deep. Your purrs echo in someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful girl she was, is, and always will be! No matter how long we have them, it is never enough time. Where there is love, eternity is not long enough, is it? But this I can tell you, one day, someday, you will have your eternity. This is the Deepest Truth I know, that love never dies, it is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Tikka blesses you for your unstinting love, and she sends her Love back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So very sorry to read about Tikka's passing. It is so hard to lose such a beloved family member, and my heart goes out to you. :hugs:

Rest in peace, sweet girl. :rbheart: