our older cat is getting random scabs and small patches of hair are missing

rawrmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We're not sure exactly how old he is, but probably over 5. We have rescued 2 cats since the scanning begin. No one itched more than normal. Do you think it could stop be a flea allergy? His scabs have healed but he still has some small bald patches near his rear.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry, I don't understand exactly what's going on. Could you give us a little more background? Maybe some pictures would help.

finnlacey

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it's not fleas this may be a food allergy. This happens A LOT with foods that contain grains. Think about changing over to grain free or raw food and this may take care of it. If not, You'll have to see about protein eliminations to determine for instance if the cat is perhaps allergic to chicken, turkey, etc. If it gets worse though I'd take him to the vet and make sure everything is okay health-wise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rawrmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have pictures of his scabs on I guys lower back and neck but he has had 2 slight sessions where. He lost a bit of fur from when we adopted rescue cats in our area within the lady 7 months

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't have pictures of his scabs on I guys lower back and neck but he has had 2 slight sessions where. He lost a bit of fur from when we adopted rescue cats in our area within the lady 7 months
Hmmm. I think maybe your autocorrect got the best of you. I can't make head or tail of this post. :scratch:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rawrmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. I think maybe your autocorrect got the best of you. I can't make head or tail of this post. :scratch:
Sorry, I was just saying that I don't have any pictures on my phone. It's pretty much cleared up now. I want to say it started around the time we rescued or feral kitty jaws 7 months or so ago.