Announcement Our Moderator Tricia (jcat) Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe I ever interacted with her but I want to send my love and honor her and all that she has done for this community and cats. It looks like she touched many people's lives with her generosity and advice...a beautiful person that will be missed my so many.
My thoughts exactly. All of my love to her family and friends. God bless them.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only just read this very sad news. I live in Germany and was hoping to perhaps meet jcat jcat one day. We both had a cat called Mowgli, though mine had to change her name to Mogi, when we realised he was a she! It would have been lovely to talk about our different experiences working with cat shelters in Germany.
So very sorry that this is not going to happen. My heartfelt condolences to her husband and all her friends and relations.

PS Just for your information:

1616946625596.png

Not trusting exchange rates, rather than send a donation to the States I purchased this trap from Amazon.de. It was one of the articles on the wish list of Tierstation Plüderhausen.
It will be delivered directly to the animal shelter and I hope it helps to resue as many animals as possible in memory of jcat jcat .

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only just read this very sad news. I live in Germany and was hoping to perhaps meet jcat jcat one day. We both had a cat called Mowgli, though mine had to change her name to Mogi, when we realised he was a she! It would have been lovely to talk about our different experiences working with cat shelters in Germany.
So very sorry that this is not going to happen. My heartfelt condolences to her husband and all her friends and relations.

PS Just for your information:

View attachment 375069
Not trusting exchange rates, rather than send a donation to the States I purchased this trap from Amazon.de. It was one of the articles on the wish list of Tierstation Plüderhausen.
It will be delivered directly to the animal shelter and I hope it helps to resue as many animals as possible in memory of jcat jcat .
What a beautiful idea!! A very good suggestion to honor JCat. Do any of our longtime members have ideas on a PayPal or other crowdfunding way so collectively we can add a small donation?

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tricia's passing was the first post I noticed when I went on the site this morning. It took awhile for me to compose myself since she was one of the first mods I had contact with when I was asked to join the TCS Team. She always had an encouraging word, listened to what I had to say and, above all, had a warm heart. :hearthrob: She will be sorely missed both as a valuable member to TCS and as a truly compassionate animal lover. May her family take comfort in knowing how much she was loved and respected here. Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the number of moments you take our breath away. :angel:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad. The only interaction I had with her was the video of the raccoons (Eddie and Haskell) tormenting Tourmaline. It was Tourmaline's first encounter with raccoons and she looked at the video and told me that the cat looked more annoyed than being in danger. She really put my mind at ease that night.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful idea!! A very good suggestion to honor JCat. Do any of our longtime members have ideas on a PayPal or other crowdfunding way so collectively we can add a small donation?
Yes, it's listed in the first post. :) I am collecting PayPal donations at [email protected] or there is a direct link to the Amazon wish list of the Shelter in Germany.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I purchased this trap from Amazon.de. It was one of the articles on the wish list of Tierstation Plüderhausen.
It will be delivered directly to the animal shelter and I hope it helps to resue as many animals as possible in memory of jcat jcat jcat jcat .
Thank you so much! Tricia would love that you are honoring her in this way. :redheartpump:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've had longer to absorb this news than all of you and although expected, I'm still having a difficult time with it. When I first joined the site Tricia was the first Mod to slap me on the wrist for breaking a rule and I was terrified of her. :lol: As I got to know her my feelings changed. :wink: She helped me through many cat issues as well as personal issues in the past sixteen years since joining this site. As another Team member said, Tricia was a blessing. She really was and will be sorely missed. :rbheart:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this. To her family, friends and TCS co workers, members, my hear goes out to you. Loss like this leaves us stunned. She saved many lives and many hearts. May those who went before her carry her on soft paws to a place where there are no more kitties in need. Peace and beauty for her from now on. Warmed by a blanket of purring kitties, may she be able to watch over all from the rainbows above.
D7DFF74B-8EB6-4395-B8D3-416CD91BFA8C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.