Our Indoor Cat Escaped

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

isolde curry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's Day 8 of Sock's escapades. He fared the rain storm that we had come through earlier this afternoon. Here he is laying on top of a wood pile we have on our back porch. He needs to quit being a brat and come back in! Goofball!
365292523_10222890541159682_6810464914414764901_n.jpg

isolde curry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So tempting to quietly and slowly turn your porch there into a catio, bit by bit, so he doesn’t notice….oh, he’s SO CLOSE!
He is! We'll get there! I was actually thinking last night about possibly having the porch screened in with some good strong screen and framing. That way, at least if the cats were to get out, it would create a buffer that would prevent them from going any farther.

isolde curry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a good update this afternoon! I just woke up to a Facebook update posted by my mom regarding our regarding our adventurer, Socks. He's been apprehended! He just walked inside through the door this morning and it got closed behind him. Evidently he complained vociferously, and he's now gone to ground in the basement, but there is great relief in our household this today. His unapproved outing has finally come to an end.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay finally he is back inside safe where he belongs. This is such great news. Now to try to keep him inside... lol good luck I hope it all goes well and he doesn't dart for the door anymore.

I second a vet appointment, just to be sure he is fine after his little outside escapade, because you never know what he could have gotten into.