Our EXOTIC furbabies

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Holy cow 28.8????
I will never again complain about our-dial up being slow...I just checked and it's running at 50.6.
Yes and that is on a good day
I have a 56K modem, but the phone lines around here are bad I guess. I get really spoiled here at work though, we have really fast high speed, so that's where I spend most of my time in TCS. Shhhh, don't tell anyone

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a question about your cats....

Most domestic cats knead, a throwback to their nursing behavior.
For me....it is really relaxing when they do that.

Do any of your big cats knead?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

I have a question about your cats....

Most domestic cats knead, a throwback to their nursing behavior.
For me....it is really relaxing when they do that.

Do any of your big cats knead?
Yes they do
Our cougar used to do it when he was a cub, but I haven't seen him knead in a long time, however he still likes to suck my thumb
The bobcats will knead. They do that a lot when they cuddle with their domestic buddies

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Carmelo sleeping in a box.
OH MY goodness...This picture is WAY toooooooo adorable for words!!! He looks so sweet and innocent!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

OH MY goodness...This picture is WAY toooooooo adorable for words!!! He looks so sweet and innocent!!
Awww, that's my boy when he was just a little spotted cub
He is still just as innocent, just not so little any more

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soooo glad to hear Carmelo is doing fine!

I imagine Nokomis is quite fluffy with the fur needed for the recent cold snap.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Soooo glad to hear Carmelo is doing fine!

I imagine Nokomis is quite fluffy with the fur needed for the recent cold snap.
Yes he is, they all get that extra thick fur during the winter

sphynx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have just stumbled upon this thread now, and I have loved reading about your BEAUTIFUL cats, and looking at pics of them... amazing!

Have you read/heard about Marlice van der Merwe who lives in Namibia with lions? I watched a documentary about her life and it is fascinating to watch her interacting with these beautiful, huge cats. Another lovely story is Born Free, about Joy Adamson and her lion cub Elsa... think it all took place in Kenya.

We have beautiful wild cats here in Africa, to name a few, lion, leopard, cheetah, carakal. I have been fortunate to have seen them in their natural environment and I find them breathtakingly beautiful.

Just thought I would share
. Will be looking out for more pics of your 'family'!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you read/heard about Marlice van der Merwe who lives in Namibia with lions? I watched a documentary about her life and it is fascinating to watch her interacting with these beautiful, huge cats. Another lovely story is Born Free, about Joy Adamson and her lion cub Elsa... think it all took place in Kenya.
I don't recall Marlice van der Merwe. If you have any information/links where I could find out more, I would be interested. Yes, Born Free, I am very familiar with that story. I think that was a great influence on me as well

We have beautiful wild cats here in Africa, to name a few, lion, leopard, cheetah, carakal. I have been fortunate to have seen them in their natural environment and I find them breathtakingly beautiful.
Lets not forget the Serval too
I would love to take a trip to Africa, to see these cats out in the wild. That would be a dream come true for me. Have you heard of the Savannah Cheetah Foundation? If I could take a trip there, I would be in heaven. I don't think I would want to come home

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW, this is some good news. New York Assemblymen David R. Townsend Jr, introduced a bill to....get this....LEGALIZE responsible private ownership of wild and exotic felines in New York state
The bill is AO2750. You can read about it here.
http://www.bloggernews.net/113501
I hope anyone who lives in New York state will call their Assemblymen to encourage them to PASS this bill!! New York state passed a BAN bill back in 2005. This bill, AO2750, would reverse this ban bill. This would be a great victory for ALL animal owners and would be a huge slap in the face to the AR extremists who got the ban bill passed in New York state. Please, anyone who lives in New York state, I ask you to support this bill. Exotic feline owners in the state of New York, would get their rights back
as well as future owners of such felines

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, just as with the Ohio bill, if and when the time comes, I will let you know what all of us can do. Even though we do not live in that state, we can make a difference. I pray that this bill does pass

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arielrain

Sphynx, what is a carakal? I have never heard of it. Do you have any pics of one?

Hello John!
Oh yes, the Caracal, another one of my favorites. I am hoping to include a Caracal into our family one day.
Hello Lorraine
How have you been?