Our Cats Appreciate Us!

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who said our kitties aren't affectionate?
A little anecdote:
When I wake up the first thing I do is head for the bathroom.
One time during her evening escapades my cat pulled one of my shoes all the way from the bedroom into the middle of the hall runner and put one of her toy mice right next to it so I would stumble across it and not miss her present in the morning! :lovecat2:
A few days ago for the second time, I walked into the bathroom to find a toy mouse right in front of the bathroom sink where she knew I wouldn't miss her present! 🥳
Who said cats don't know how to show affection?! They're wrong! 🥰

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes...and while that's lovely...it's not quite the same when it's a real mouse! LOL!
I remember the first time our new kitties decided to give me their present. Two of the three kept trying to wake me up early...every 15 minutes or so one would jump on me in bed and just stare for a few minutes then eventually run away. I "finally" get up in the morning and they were so excited that morning. So as I'm getting their food ready, I can hear them makin a ruckus behind me where we keep our shoes by the side door. I finally turn around to see what all the fuss was about and noticed them working together trying to push a shoe towards me. I laughed as I walked closer...then I saw the dead mouse that they put in the shoe that they caught in the middle of the night. Of course I gave them praise and gushed at what good boys they are then gave them each a couple of treats...then quickly disposed of it. So the whole time they were trying to get me out of bed was to show me their great gift...I'm just glad they didn't bring it to me in bed or left it for me to step on.:D

Brehus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Tuxedo Cat appreciates and loves her family
She hears me pull up the drive way and waits by the door to great me when I get home from work. She loves her family equally unlike many cats that pick their special person.
My wife went out in the backyard today and two stray cats started fight She ran outside and immediately engaged one of the cats kicked its rear She was trying to protect her family

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little anecdote:
One time during her evening escapades my cat pulled one of my shoes all the way from the bedroom into the middle of the hall runner and put one of her toy mice right next to it so I would stumble across it and not miss her present in the morning! :lovecat2:
A few days ago for the second time, I walked into the bathroom to find a toy mouse right in front of the bathroom sink where she knew I wouldn't miss her present! 🥳
I smiled so much reading this!

Anicanis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A little anecdote:
So sweet!! My cat never gave me gifts but he greets me every day rubbing gis face on mine and purring. It’s really cute! Whenever I get home he also greets me at the door, passing through my legs :3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday the neighboring town found and are treating a Bald Eagle who swallowed rat poison from eating poisoned rats. If she survives it will take a year to clear it from her body. I shudder to think how many of our kitties are doomed to an early death because of catching mice tainted with 'warfarin' which is what rat poison is! :sickcat: People at the shelters I visited while looking for a cat were there shopping for mousers for their city student apartments.
Buying lifelike toy mice with catnip may result in more pleasant present giving perhaps?:dunno:
I guess with outdoor cats it is a game of roulette though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GranolaLouise GranolaLouise my kitties are indoor only.... we live in the country in a house that is not mouseproof. Which results in occasional hunting opportunities. For some reason they like to bring them in the bathtub.....🫣
No poison here....ever....🙀
The country or rural mouse catchers are most likely safe. I am referring to the inner city. Above I mentioned a Bald Eagle who was being cared for ...she died yesterday from rat poison..bled to death internally.
I would give anything to live in a country house like you..your kitties sound like little balls of fun! 🥰

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday the neighboring town found and are treating a Bald Eagle who swallowed rat poison from eating poisoned rats. If she survives it will take a year to clear it from her body. I shudder to think how many of our kitties are doomed to an early death because of catching mice tainted with 'warfarin' which is what rat poison is! :sickcat: People at the shelters I visited while looking for a cat were there shopping for mousers for their city student apartments.
Buying lifelike toy mice with catnip may result in more pleasant present giving perhaps?:dunno:
I guess with outdoor cats it is a game of roulette though.
I hope they know about a group called RATS or Raptors Are The Solution. They are currently suing Bell Laboratories for killing birds (and pets) with rodenticide.