Our Cat Is Acting Strange

jdp1886

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Phoenix, our four year old orange long-haired tabby, has been acting strange since yesterday evening. She has been hiding underneath our bed, and then she moved to behind our couch. She isn't breathing hard, vomiting, or anything like that. She seems relaxed, just tired. However, this is unusual for her. She usually is up and around, being a "brat", as my wife likes to affectionately call her. It hasn't been quite 24 hours since she has started this, and we had thunderstorms in the area last night - she usually hides when the thunder and lightening starts. However, she usually comes out right after the thunderstorm has stopped. This time, she hasn't. We plan on taking her to the vet if she continues this behavior, but has anyone else has experience with this type of thing? Thank you.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is she? is she eating, drinking and pooping ok? It could be the storms.. but to be on the safe side, take her to the Vet if it continues overnight.

You can try to coax her out with some tuna...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jdp1886

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is four years old. I haven't seen her eat, drink, or poop since last night, but I checked the litter boxes and there's no abnormal looking waste. She is inching out little by little from behind the couch as we speak...she seems tired but I don't know how she slept last night with the storms coming through.