Our Cat Enclosure (And our foster kitty)

pooch&dosscara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just thought I would share some photos of our recently finished cat enclosure.

One of my dogs, Bransen, standing in front of it and enjoying his new yard.

Right now it is being occupied by our foster cat Le Mew. She has a little well-insulated makeshift house to stay in.

We built it so that our cats Dossy and Pooch can go outside but will still be safe. Pooch was an indoor/outdoor cat before we got her and she LOVES to be outside.

It is all tarped-up right now as it's been raining and I want to keep the snow out when it comes. I plan to build some things for them to climb on and in but have been very busy lately. Next spring I will be putting a garden and small pond in, hopefully.

Just wanted to share.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks great! I wish I could make one for my cat, he just destroyed the carpet at my outside door. X___X

Only suggestion though is about the bottom. Is the whole thing weighted down? Or is the bottom attached to plywood? You wouldn't want them digging/squeezing their way underneath it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pooch&dosscara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

Actually Minka, the stucco wire is folded under so that it sticks out about a foot into the enclosure, flat against the ground - I kind of pounded it on an angle so that it's digging into the ground a bit. I was originally planning to cover the wire in rocks to weigh the enclosure down, but then the grass grew through so quickly that you can't even see the wire now, let alone try to pull it up/squeeze under it.

I was very careful and I think if there were any way out, Le Mew would have found it by now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pooch&dosscara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I would also like to report that Le Mew has been adopted and our cats are now enjoying the enclosure. :)