Our Bowie has Wet FIP and need some encouragement!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bowie STILL doesn’t seem to be any fluid reduction….SO hard not to get discouraged
thx so much for the links.I’d read the links on the Cornell Vet Sciences (I do so much Shelter work I subscribe to their nl to help me try to keep current on things) — but it’s a great site! And Bowie’s already being treated w/the 84 days (minimum) of GS-##### (my brain’s too numb to remember the #s). But thanks for offering those! It’s just hard to be heading into the 4th week and seeing no sign of his abdominal fluid going down. Feels like it’s been 3 1/2 years, not 3 1/2 weeks! :sigh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks so much - - - I didn't think we could get more nervous, but we are. His abdomen just won't go down - - and we're now a little over 3 weeks into the treatment, with the past week being a doubled dose. And do hear periodically about someone having a wet FIP cat in treatment that takes 4-5 weeks for fluid to go down. But so far, nothing seems to be bringing his abdominal fluid down. If anything he looks bigger. We've got to get him in for bloodwork a week from Tuesday to monitor his treatment -- and I"m praying by then it's gone down even a little. He's doing so well otherwise - but this fluid obviously isn't sustainable. So if he's shown no signs of the fluid going down, guess we'll have to ask our vet to at least look into further testing. She was so sure it wasn't cancer, heart, etc. - that it was all due to FIP. But we're getting to the point where it's hard not to look at him and cry!