Our Beautiful Lucy

lucy13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our beautiful 13 year old cat passed away very suddenly yesterday she took a blood clot and at first we thought she had broken her leg we rushed her to the emergency vet who told us her chances of survival were slim but he would do all he can for her he sent us home. 2 hours later we got the call to say our precious baby had gone. I am absolutely heartbroken and am finding it so difficult to cope. I'm feeling so guilty for not being there with her. She never left my side she was my best friend life will never be the same without her

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, life will never be the same. But the love you have for each other will always be. When something so disastrous happens, so quickly and so life changing, our hearts and our minds cannot comprehend what has happened. By the time our brains have processed it, it seems surreal and unacceptable. We start to build in our minds the way it should have been, not the way it really did. We heap on the guilt, and all those should haves, could haves, because we feel we failed in some way. In reality you did all you could. You got help, you followed advise, and there was nothing you could do to stop or foresee what happened. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. She answered a call that is much stronger than any of us, and there was no way for you to stop it. Death does not change your love for each other, however. "Death cannot take that which never dies" and love is spiritual, so eternal. Please do not hold guilt for something in which you had no intent. All you did was love that precious girl, and for thirteen years gave her a wonderful home and all she ever wanted. Don't let her end consume your life. Don't let her end take on more importance than her wonderful life. Let your treasured memories of that life bring you comfort, send her thoughts and prayers of happiness and the joys you find in the future, and in this way she will live on through you and her love will be honored and grow.
My heart goes out to you, I know time is the only thing that helps to dull the sharp edges of grief and it takes a long time to heal a broken heart. Let those who understand surround you with their love and empathy, it truly helps to share your burden of grief so it becomes something you can bear. One day you will be thankful to have known her, that even though the pain of parting is so hurtful and consuming, to have never have her in your life, to have never known taht love, would have been unthinkable.
She is near, the new path she follows will always be close to your own. She is not gone, she is within your very soul. Take care...... RIP precious Lucy. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord welcome you, the innocent, with loving arms, where you will be kept safe and warm, until you meet again!

twotabbies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m right there with you in grieving the loss of my Princess girl. It hurts so much. Find comfort in knowing that you did everything possible for her, and that she is no longer suffering. I’m sending you love and healing vibes. Hugs and prayers to you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Lucy, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

I am so sorry. So very, very sorry. I do know, however, to the bottom of my soul, that love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides, and Lucy remains, sweet and unseen, by your side.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hold the knowledge that the vet was doing every thing possible when she passed. Know that the pain medicine wrapped her in a cocoon of comfort and dreams, not her surroundings or her pain. There was nothing more you could have done. She will always be at your side, no one can change that now.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss and in a tragic way, it is always so tough to deal with the shock of things like that, but know that she is fine now, just fine, and you will meet again one day and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucy13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, life will never be the same. But the love you have for each other will always be. When something so disastrous happens, so quickly and so life changing, our hearts and our minds cannot comprehend what has happened. By the time our brains have processed it, it seems surreal and unacceptable. We start to build in our minds the way it should have been, not the way it really did. We heap on the guilt, and all those should haves, could haves, because we feel we failed in some way. In reality you did all you could. You got help, you followed advise, and there was nothing you could do to stop or foresee what happened. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. She answered a call that is much stronger than any of us, and there was no way for you to stop it. Death does not change your love for each other, however. "Death cannot take that which never dies" and love is spiritual, so eternal. Please do not hold guilt for something in which you had no intent. All you did was love that precious girl, and for thirteen years gave her a wonderful home and all she ever wanted. Don't let her end consume your life. Don't let her end take on more importance than her wonderful life. Let your treasured memories of that life bring you comfort, send her thoughts and prayers of happiness and the joys you find in the future, and in this way she will live on through you and her love will be honored and grow.
My heart goes out to you, I know time is the only thing that helps to dull the sharp edges of grief and it takes a long time to heal a broken heart. Let those who understand surround you with their love and empathy, it truly helps to share your burden of grief so it becomes something you can bear. One day you will be thankful to have known her, that even though the pain of parting is so hurtful and consuming, to have never have her in your life, to have never known taht love, would have been unthinkable.
She is near, the new path she follows will always be close to your own. She is not gone, she is within your very soul. Take care...... RIP precious Lucy. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord welcome you, the innocent, with loving arms, where you will be kept safe and warm, until you meet again!

lucy13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss and in a tragic way, it is always so tough to deal with the shock of things like that, but know that she is fine now, just fine, and you will meet again one day and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
Thank you so much

lucy13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m right there with you in grieving the loss of my Princess girl. It hurts so much. Find comfort in knowing that you did everything possible for her, and that she is no longer suffering. I’m sending you love and healing vibes. Hugs and prayers to you.