Ouch! A day in the life of Surprise!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I adore our beautiful foster girl, Surprise. She's a gorgeous, sleek little mini black panther full of purrrrsonality plus!

When she first came to us, she was nice and calm, very quiet, the perfect lady. She stays in our bedroom with us, as she didn't seem to be too into other cats.

As time went on, her true personality came out. I've taken to calling her Widow, as in "Black Widow" as she can be so sweet and loving, but if you get her going in a playful mood, she can turn and attack on the drop of a dime, purring the whole time! LOL And MAN can she bite!
She gets in these "moods" which I call her Psycho Moods, where she runs around the room like a bat out of hell, flinging herself off of the walls and playing with whatever she can get her paws on, usually between 5:30AM-6:30AM. She likes to walk along our headboard at night, and then falls off, usually right on our heads, scaring the crap out of us while we're trying to sleep.

Yesterday I was getting dressed. I was putting on a hoodie, and she wanted to play with the strings on the hood, so as I was putting it on, she launched herself off of the bed and came directly at me, claws first and was HANGING off of my midsection! I screamed, and now have claw marks down both sides of my stomach. I can't get mad at her, she was just trying to play.

She has now decided it's fun to dash out of the bedroom and terrorize the other cats. She'll hiss at them, and bat at their heads, but she's like the Tasmanian Devil, running around trying to intice them in play! It's SO funny to watch!

I swear this cat has more character than most cats I've ever known! Although she's a little hellcat, I adore her, and someone is going to be VERY lucky when they decide to adopt her.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember when you posted a photo of her, I thought oh what a sweet, demure looking little girl--now she's living up to her name, SURPRISE!!!! Very Funny, I can just see her trying to balance herself on your headboard like its a balance beam, then tumbling off on you two.... feetsies and butt first..

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hee Hee...she sounds like my Stinkpot. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have scratches all over me from him launching himself at me

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
She does sounds like a special girl, and she's going to need a special home too. Not everyone is as understanding...

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

She likes to walk along our headboard at night, and then falls off, usually right on our heads, scaring the crap out of us while we're trying to sleep.
I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If Ming Loy were able to jump, this would be her!
Our little CH kitty, however, is confined to climbing (limited items she's able to scale), so her activities - fortunately for us - are limited to "surprising"
the other cats with her sneak attacks.

The biggest problem (I've found) with kitties like this is that it nearly impossible to keep those claws clipped. Ming Loy's got them sharp again in NO time!

I don't remember how old Surprise is now - is she old enough to start on Soft Paws? Might not be a bad idea for her....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I don't remember how old Surprise is now - is she old enough to start on Soft Paws? Might not be a bad idea for her....
She was a stray so I'm unsure of her exact age, but she is obviously a young adult, and you're right, Soft Paws would probably be a good option.

Anne, I agree 100%, which is why I would not recommend her to a home with young children, just in case. I only want what is best for her, and will do all that I can to make sure that she goes to the RIGHT forever home.

justjayde

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ahahha awwww My little one loves to race out of the room like he is demented too. I just love kitties and their insane spazzies. My boy has his in the evenings.

wiccankittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This reminds me of my Egyptian Mau Male cat Loki, We have no head board on the bed so he just jumps up onto our faces at night, the first time he did it my husband (a retired Air force Vet) just jumped up fighting and I couldn't stop laughing. I love my Maus but some days they seem to be a bit to curious for their own good. One morning we woke up to loud thuds coming from the living room where both our Maus were jumping off the couch trying to catch the ceiling fan cords. Its part of the adventure of owning cats, the one that make you laugh and love them more.

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Yesterday I was getting dressed. I was putting on a hoodie, and she wanted to play with the strings on the hood, so as I was putting it on, she launched herself off of the bed and came directly at me, claws first and was HANGING off of my midsection! I screamed, and now have claw marks down both sides of my stomach. I can't get mad at her, she was just trying to play.
This almost happened to me yesterday! I bent over to make a fuss of Ripley forgetting I was wearing a hooded top with very tempting, dangling strings. She flew straight at me with her claws out. I managed to step back just in time!