Otto Threw Up

Chris_Takas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im not sure how to interpret this. otto just threw up his lunch 4-5 hours after eating it. it was undigested and still in chucks (sorry for the detail). it was his usual wet food (no change in diet). he is eating now his dry food. he seems content and wanted to cuddle. we went to the vet yesterday and he got some pot on flea medication! can it be because of this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chris_Takas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he never threw up before and he seems very hungry now! shall i feed him or wait for a while and see what happens? he seems normal and no change in behavior!

Chris_Takas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
you know what? in panic i cleaned it up without looking for a hairball! my thoughts were racing by the fact that it wasnt digested at all after 4 hours. how would a hairball look like?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hairballs usually look a little like poop logs, the hair comes out all wadded up in a log shape.

Chris_Takas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you, i looked it up on google also! it wasnt a hairball for sure

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

I love cats but I'm not lonely
Young Cat
Purraise
This is probably normal. One of my cats Moon, threw up 5 times in 10 mins but he was still fine. This has happened to both my older cats and is probably because he ate too much or too fast. It is most likely normal and nothing to worry about. It should be okay to feed him now. Keep me posted!