Others Thoughts On My Shonzee Man

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello again,

My other thread sort of died, I'm going to start a new one with updates on the Shonzmeister.

Background: Shonzee had stopped eating, and lost tons of weight, causing him to become severely Jaundice and also obtain severe liver disease. Upon the vet visit, I was told the best option for him to POSSIBLY sustain life was a feeding tube as his liver values were highly elevated and he was really sick and dehydrated. I didnt have the money for a feeding tube. He was put on Denamarin, Prednisolone, and Doxycycline. I syringe fed him/gave him fluids for about a week and a half straight.
UPDATES:
He has gained back over 2.5 lbs and is eating and drinking on his own. After the first round of Doxy was finished, we started one more round.
2. Check up vet visit confirmed his improvement. We did do another liver panel and it was shown that even though he had over all significantly improved, his values were still slightly elevated.
3. We finished the Doxy, and were told to decrease the Prednisolone to once a day and finish the box of Denamarin.

Question is: Should I be worried with still having a slight increase or is that normal as it recovers? The doctor didnt seem worried, but of course here I am.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad he is doing so much better! I would trust my vet, it seems like he has helped you with Shonzee. Just continue with what the vet is saying to do. Make sure he eats and drinks plenty. First signs of not eating or drinking well i would have him back to the vet :) Best of luck to you guys!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a cat who recovered from fatty liver. The main number that the vet was watching was the ALT. It actually continued to rise for a little while after he started eating well on his own. When it started to drop it dropped quickly to normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a cat who recovered from fatty liver. The main number that the vet was watching was the ALT. It actually continued to rise for a little while after he started eating well on his own. When it started to drop it dropped quickly to normal.
That is quite reassuring thank you!