OTC tapeworm meds

Jacp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my kitten received cestex a prescription tapeworm med and the vet gave me the other pill to give her a few weeks later. I tried giving it to her in her food but she didn’t eat it at all. Anyways I’ve wasted the pill and don’t really want to go back to vet because I feel it will be expensive. I’m wondering about an otc tapeworm pill that I can easily obtain and give her! Please let me know of an affordable and easily accessible ones thank you(:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I honestly think going back to the vet is your best option, especially as it sounds like your kitten has had a partial dose of the cestex. Adding in an OTC pill is really not a good idea at this point.

I'm always wary of OTC parasite medications. They're not always as safe as they should be, so it really is safer to stick to prescription medications only.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get my tapeworm meds from internet sites such as Petmeds or Drs Foster and Smith. You do need a prescription though, just call your vet and ask to have it noted in the chart. I use Profender that is a topical and applied high up on the neck to the skin. Cats will almost always have tapeworms if they catch mice or rabbits and eat them, eating the fleas that are on them too. That is where tapeworm comes from. It is a little pricey but much easier to use and takes care of almost all worms.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise