Orion and Kelsey

aben

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Greetings all! I have just recently joined the thread but was lurking for a bit reading various posts. I found this topic intriguing and was curious if anyone has any idea if they can help identify what types of cats I own. Orion, whom we adopted about 10 years ago as a kitten is a tenured member of our family and remains our son's therapy cat. We adopted Ori (Orie as we call him) when he was 6 weeks old when my husband and I were in college.

After we had our first child, he became very protective and helped assist us with comforting our son after he was diagnosed with a rare genetic disease. He remains by his side all of the time - our son is now 6 years old.

Our daughter picked out our most recent rescue named Kelsey. She is very sassy and has a mirrored personality to this description. She is super-soft, medium/long haired, and dainty. She will be 2 years old in a few weeks. We were told when we adopted her that the mom was a pure Siamese cat, but we are not certain.

That being said, I am glad to be on the forum and would love to hear your input on the breed of our two cats (not that it will make any difference - they are a part of our family). :-)

Shucks, I went to attach and wasn't able. I will attempt to put pictures in here asap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aben

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Kelsey has beautiful blue eyes, a soft coat, a pink nose with black lining, fur between her pads, and brown tick marks.

aben

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View media item 162562
Orion in his favorite spot on the back of the couch. He is grey and white with a conjoining triangle on his head that meets when he closes his eyes. His eyes are bright green, though the picture doesn't show it... :)

aben

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here you can see a video of Kelsey playing fetch at our old rental (was campus living, so please excuse the old-style home).

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kelsey is stunning. I would compare her to a fox!  The exact features are not easy, but her movements, and the bushy tail...  Anyway, longhaired point, she is.  Not birman, as birmans have white socks.

Ragdoll?  Im perhaps prejudiced, but I dont think ragdolls are so agile as she is...  :)

Nay, it is not probable her ma was a pure Siamese. Possibly balinese, who are essentially longhaired siameses, and they tend to be less extreme than modern siameses...

The dad must in this case also been pointed and longhaired, or at least, had these genes.

Both point and longhair are recessive genes, so they must come from both ma and dad.

The most probable, it is "just" a longhaired pointed domestic, but you may perhaps compare her with balinese... 

Ori is  shorthair domestic, blue and white  (grey is called blue in cat fanciers language).  Some will call this here pattern for Tuxedo, as it is alike a jacket.

Good luck!