Orijen And Acana To Be In Petco

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Champion Facebook page just announced they will be in Petco stores in the US.

FB_IMG_1547733288256.jpg

I'm annoyed by this lol. They took themselves off of Chewy after they partnered with Petsmart, stating they only work with specialty shops. I had to stop feeding Orijen when they made that change because of accessibility and cost issues. I found other alternatives so I survived, but Petco taking a stance on artificial flavors, etc, doesn't exactly scream specialty still.

This is right after earlier this week Petco announced they are shutting down my Beloved Drs. Foster and Smith next month. So I'm salty in general LOL

Anyways, it's an interesting move!

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My local Petco said that they were going to stop selling Friskies and Fancy Feast because they want to start moving towards specialty food.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My local Petco said that they were going to stop selling Friskies and Fancy Feast because they want to start moving towards specialty food.
Their prices on these brands aren't anything to write home about anyway so I'm not upset about it. I usually get Friskies from Amazon or Chewy. Sometimes Publix if it's on sale. I'm annoyed with our local Petco anyway. It feels like every time I go in, the cat section gets smaller and it's always cluttered with boxes of products that need to be put out. The aisles are usually blocked. I've also found a LOT of outdated food there. Some of the food was outdated by up to a year. I brought them up like 30 outdated cans once and the girl just looked at me and asked If I wanted a discount on them. :doh:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We fed Sweet gum Orijen for a couple of years. She went from 6 pounds, where they called her tiny dancer at the vet, to 11 pounds, where they called her tiny tank. We changed her food, partly due to the weight and partly due to the too much chicken for her to handle, and she's lost the weight now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Honestly this food is very overrated. The fact that they claim to make biologically appropriate food yet don’t have a wet food line for cats is a big red flag imo.
Oh yeah I agree with you. Them pulling out of Chewy was the best thing that ever happened to me as it made me do more research.