Orijen & Acana

Dave2006

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What do you think of Orijen & Acana dry food.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I use their treats now, and used their kibble for a while. I like them but haven't checked their ingredients, sourcing and all that for a while.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you in the US? or are you in Canada? because they aren't the same. The ingredients are local to where they are made and the Canada one is apparently much better, so I would only suggest the Canada ones, the US ones have a history of making cats sick. If you are in Canada they are good, for dry food, but high in I think calories and fat (varies between flavors), so you do need to watch intake unless the cat is getting a lot of exercise. You can compare them to others as well on CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Are you in the US? or are you in Canada? because they aren't the same. The ingredients are local to where they are made and the Canada one is apparently much better, so I would only suggest the Canada ones, the US ones have a history of making cats sick.
:yeah: I completely agree with you! I fed both our dog and previous cat Acana when we were able to get it from Canada. However, once they built a plant in the U.S. both our dog and cat refused to eat it. I posted multiple times about the differences and even called their customer service representative who was rude and unamiable.

ETA: Here's one thread I was able to find for you, hope this helps.
New orijin food= not impressed

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave2006

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you in the US? or are you in Canada? because they aren't the same. The ingredients are local to where they are made and the Canada one is apparently much better, so I would only suggest the Canada ones, the US ones have a history of making cats sick. If you are in Canada they are good, for dry food, but high in I think calories and fat (varies between flavors), so you do need to watch intake unless the cat is getting a lot of exercise. You can compare them to others as well on CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat
I live in the UK, I am trying the Acana Grasslands, which I think is made in Canada, Tiggy seems to like it and gives her a little variety from her normal Canagan turkey and chicken, she doesn't like the venison or fish varieties.