Originally thought snowshoe but now wondering if chimera or mosaic?

Mistawis22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I rescued my Cecily we thought she was a snowshoe because she looked very Siamese except she had four white feet. She did not have the snowshoe pattern on her face however. It appears to be half lilac point and half flame point exactly split. Her behavior has been almost flawlessly like a snowshoe- hyper intelligent, very attached, not super talkative but very possessive, loves water, etc. Her eyes are also blue and very crossed. As she grew her coloring went from mostly cream with the colored points to a marbled coloring of blue grays to fawn/ flame all over. Still has four white feet. She has faint tabby markings on her legs and what might be a broken m on her face but it’s harder to tell. Would love to know how to describe her to people. Everyone who has seen her comments on how unusual her coloring is. If people have any insights I would love to hear them. I don’t think she’s a tortie because of the odd mix of colors and patterns and recently began to wonder if perhaps she was a chimera. Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mistawis22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The last picture posted shows her as a baby- she was mostly white / cream then, with just the color on her face. It has since deepened to all over her body. She Is approximately 4.5 yrs old now.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my gosh, even her nose!! I haven't paid much attention to chimeras although she might seem to be one.

Last edited:

Mistawis22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Blue tortie point and white, domestic shorthair. No particular breed or mix of breeds. Not a chimera. Split faces in torties are common.
so interesting! So the orange and pink colors are just random? Part of the Blue Tortie?

Mistawis22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, even her nose!! I haven't paid much attention to chimeras although she might seem to be one.
I know right? It’s hilarious. If you block one side of her face in the pic, literally looks like two different cats!

Mistawis22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Blue tortie point and white, domestic shorthair. No particular breed or mix of breeds. Not a chimera. Split faces in torties are common.
Oh and why the crossed blue eyes if she’s a torti? I thought they typically have yellow or green eyes? I have a torti, so that’s why I am puzzled, because they seem very different. My other cat is all variations of one color spectrum, not two different colors ( blue and orange) -. ( black to red and orange) Also, does that mean then that a mix of patterns in one cat constitutes a torti? Thank you for any education- I love to learn more!!

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh and why the crossed blue eyes if she’s a torti? I thought they typically have yellow or green eyes? I have a torti, so that’s why I am puzzled, because they seem very different. My other cat is all variations of one color spectrum, not two different colors ( blue and orange) -. ( black to red and orange) Also, does that mean then that a mix of patterns in one cat constitutes a torti? Thank you for any education- I love to learn more!!
Tories have often green eyes. But she is a point, a "siamese mix" that is why she has blue eyes and is a little crossed eyed. And yeah shevis also a tortie...her being a point causes she was almost white as newborn but darkened up with time. But she has still some of the beige point coloration. It adds to why her lighter fields have several different nuances.

Mistawis22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tories have often green eyes. But she is a point, a "siamese mix" that is why she has blue eyes and is a little crossed eyed. And yeah shevis also a tortie...her being a point causes she was almost white as newborn but darkened up with time. But she has still some of the beige point coloration. It adds to why her lighter fields have several different nuances.
Ah that was so helpful in understanding it! I was wondering why people were thinking color point. She has definitely changed drastically from when she was a kitten, she was almost pure white then; with just a faint bluish cast to the tips but over time darkened to the colors you see now. Thank you! Yes she’s very cross eyed, we didn’t realize how much at first but it became more pronounced as she got older. She’s very easily startled especially by anything dark or black or if anything is out of place, she gets stressed easily by that. Since she is an inside only cat it isn’t a concern for her safety as much but I still feel bad seeing her jump so much!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I rescued my Cecily we thought she was a snowshoe because she looked very Siamese except she had four white feet. She did not have the snowshoe pattern on her face however. It appears to be half lilac point and half flame point exactly split. Her behavior has been almost flawlessly like a snowshoe- hyper intelligent, very attached, not super talkative but very possessive, loves water, etc. Her eyes are also blue and very crossed. As she grew her coloring went from mostly cream with the colored points to a marbled coloring of blue grays to fawn/ flame all over. Still has four white feet. She has faint tabby markings on her legs and what might be a broken m on her face but it’s harder to tell. Would love to know how to describe her to people. Everyone who has seen her comments on how unusual her coloring is. If people have any insights I would love to hear them. I don’t think she’s a tortie because of the odd mix of colors and patterns and recently began to wonder if perhaps she was a chimera. Thank you for your time!
Beautiful kitty 😻
She is a dilute / blue tortie point with white, so hence the blue eyes, your other kitty is a regular tortie, not pointed, and not dilute. In dilute the black goes to blue and the red goes to cream. Plus she has the white so that can make it look different than a point without white.

All pointed cats have siamese heritage, and cross eyes were a siamese trait also. It was a correction which happened due to vision problems from their partial albinism…it has been largely bred out now, but it still pops up. without any background she is a dsh. They turn their eyes in to see in focus.

1800PetMeds

Mistawis22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful kitty 😻
She is a dilute / blue tortie point with white, so hence the blue eyes, your other kitty is a regular tortie, not pointed, and not dilute. In dilute the black goes to blue and the red goes to cream. Plus she has the white so that can make it look different than a point without white.

All pointed cats have siamese heritage, and cross eyes were a siamese trait also. It was a correction which happened due to vision problems from their partial albinism…it has been largely bred out now, but it still pops up. without any background she is a dsh. They turn their eyes in to see in focus.

1800PetMeds
Thank you so much for the additional insight!!😻