Oriental mix?

slashgash

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A couple of days aho, my friend found 2 kittens in her garage. She located their owners, who didn't want them anymore. They had dumped them. My friend kept the biggest of the two, and the more reserved one. She named him Leon. I brought the other one home. We named him Gotham. Gotham is very small, only about 5 pounds. Very thin build, and lanky. And he has an odd shape head. I really think he has some Oriental in him. He is extremely talkative, friendly, and is under our feet every step. I also think he may have a mild case of cerebellar hypoplasia. He is very uncoordinated, wobbly, and slams his head at least 15 times a day. Hes quite a character. His last owner said they're about a year old, but he's tiny. He's smaller than my very petite 8 month old kitten.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are these two "kittens" relatives, ie littermates, or just two young cats whom happened to be owned  together?

Taking on the face value.  I agree Gotham has rather striking appearance.   Oriental, Cornish Rex, or even siamese may be among a near ancestor.   Of the three, siamese is the most common.   So it will be my proposal.

A siamese, mixed out, will not be no point anymore.    And the black tuxedo colors you can get from anywhere, say from the other significant.   Why, even the siamese ancestor may have given the colors.

Compare with the parallell tread, where we do have a Snowshoe look alike.   Im not sure she is seal (black), it is prob some other dark shade.  Still, it COULD have been seal and white.

And mixed out, could give yours Gotham.      The same body shape and colors, but no point any more.    And VERRY sweet!

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/316723/unsure-of-breed

A big tx to you and your friend, whom found and helped and gave good homes to these our little brothers in need.    Double tx to you whom took to your heart a cat whom isnt entirely healthy.   (even if hypoplasia isnt as bad as it seems)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

slashgash

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His face shape is very distinctive. . .since his brother doesn't have the same shape face, I wonder if it's a birth defect, related to his lack of coordination. Rather like how humans with Down Syndrome have a different shape to their faces. Either way, he's a cutie!