Orange tint in litter.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. While cleaning the boxes earlier today, I noticed some of the litter in -one- box specifically seemed to have a very light orange tint to it. Almost unnoticeable. With Jasper's history of UTI's, of course - I'm worried. I didn't find any blood specifically though and I'm unsure if the orange tint is blood or... like, discolor from poop that was in there. In the past, his UTI's have always been noticeable by blood or us noticing him going to the box more frequently. It's been a year since his last UTI, too and we cut out the foods that the vet believed may have been causing the UTI's to begin with and he's been eating the same food for the past few months now with no issues.

He doesn't seem to have lost his appetite though today I noticed him just lazily sleeping a lot in his one favorite spot. He kind of looked sulky, so I gave him one of his treats and THAT seemed to get him up. He went to his food bowl and now came out/walking around the house. He is even showing an interest in the new fountain bowl we just bought. Gums pink, nose wet.

I touched his tummy and squeezed it a bit. Other than being annoyed, no pain reactions.

Am I being paranoid because of the orange tint?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Might be worth a check up and maybe bloodwork? Orange could be holding it a bit too long or the very beginnings of something kidney like. I don't think it's an urgent appointment if everything else is normal but you can always call your vets office when it's open and ask the technician there. They'll usually give the recommend action.

Isn't it always that way with cats? This can be a sign of a. Something normal and nothing at all or b. Something awful 😣