Orange Tabby Mix

RRiemke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my cat Jinky at an adoption place. He as a kitten (he's 3 yrs old now) had huge ears (aka dumbo) but adorable. He looks to me kind of an ocicat or having maybe a siamese & abyssian egyptian look to him. he looks just like those egyptian cat statues when he sits straight up. I know he's a tabby mix (duh) but wondering who else thinks he has some exotic bent to him. he also has very silky hair with some glitter and tufted ears. He weighs about 14 lbs and is super long and lean with a huge pouch for jumping. he can jump and bound super high. He also is super intelligent opening cabinets, closets, doors, etc. Also has super long hind legs (aka for jumping) and big big paws. I grew up with orange tabbies but he seems a little exotic to me.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RRiemke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is an cinnamon ocicat and he really resembles the body, ears and big dotted paws with irregular stripes. So that's why I think he must have some of that lineage in him.

Attachments

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your lovely cat is an red tabby domestic shorthair. Tabby is the pattern. "Domestic" means that your cat is no particular breed, like the vast majority (95%) of cats. Unlike dogs, cats aren't normally "mixes" of breeds.

The irregular stripes are normal in mackerel (striped) tabbies.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's adorable! I would describe him as a red tabby domestic shorthair. Most cats aren't any particular breed, although it's possible that his big ears and long legs might indicate some Siamese in his background somewhere.

I see that you included a picture of his belly; it's normal for both mackerel and classic tabbies to have those belly spots, and it doesn't mean anything about his ancestry. I can't quite tell from your other pictures what his tabby pattern is... in the picture with two cats, which one is he? If you add a clear picture of him from the side, I would be able to tell.

Note that Ocicats don't come in red (orange / ginger); that is a different color from cinnamon.