Oraganix Chicken Or Royal Canin Aging 12+ Loaf?

worflovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One cat is 15 and has stage 2 ckd and is going on Royal Canin Renal Support E. The other one is 13 and healthy, but i want to start him on more age appropriate diet that is also easier on kidneys. Currently they are getting Wellness Complete which is too high in phosphorus.
Deciding between Oraganix Chicken or Royal Canin Aging 12+ Loaf.

Thank you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

worflovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The royal canin has 116 mg phosphorus / 100 cals, the organix chicken 225 mg/100 cals. Bother much lower than the 400 from wellness chicken.

worflovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
im going with the organix. thx for all the help, great place to come to for help. lol.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried the foods for the cats? that would be my first step, see which one they like. If they like both there is no reason not to rotate, would not be necessary to just feed one?

I do like to look my foods up in a few different places and compare. Have you talked to the vet about both of them on the same support food? It would be easier to feed the same.

https://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf

CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat

Im sorry my post didnt show up earlier. i wrote it up, but i think i failed to hit the post reply button!

worflovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the doc is unreliable. Lots of items have not been updated. Thanks.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
It is important to make sure the healthy cat gets enough protein and phosphorus. Only cats who already have CKD should eat a prescription diet exclusively.