oppinions on cat tree

emilyandlinus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We think this one is pretty.

Make sure  that the Scratch Post part is high enough for your full grown kitties to stretch on it!!

We love the cat trees with Sisal rope and we work them hard, self service pawdicures ;)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I think the second one is better. Your kittens are going to grow quickly and they'll need something bigger to climb as they get older. My cats love their trees, they spend all their time hanging out on them.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I vote for the second one as well. The blue one is nice, but the cubby/ hiding spot on the beige tree will be well loved by your kitties. It looks big enough to possibly fit both of them inside. The prices are fantastic! May have to look into getting one for my guys....
Also, I agree with Norachan- the bigger, the better!
Congratulations on your new kitties! I am sure they will be thrilled with whichever tree you choose :)

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Second one here as well .. Very nice and a good price! I will be investing in an Armarkat tree soon as well. From the review I have read, they are well built and sturdy. I am currently considering one that is 6 feet tall.

Good luck with your new kitties .. Young ones are always lots of fun to watch!

Last edited:

burkey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vote is for the second one as well. I adopted my kitties at about the age yours are now, and they were all over the cat tree. They really enjoyed (and still do) being as high up as possible. The Armarkat brand in general usually gets great reviews. Ours in an Armarkat and I was impressed with how sturdy it is once put together (which was very easy to do).

mycatsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The second one looks potentially "tippy" to me.  I tend to prefer cat trees with large bases and well-balanced uppers.  If your kittens grow up to be strong, muscular cats that take flying leaps, a tall tree with too small a base can tip over, damaging other things in the room, or even the kitties themselves.

emilyandlinus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea, we second (or third, or fourth, we lost count) the second one as well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smithfamily2012

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I have narrowed it down.we have decided a cat tree will save our furniture and is an investment lol. We are going bigger lol
This one:http://www.chewy.com/cat/armarkat-cat-tree-ivory/dp/55114
This onehttp://www.chewy.com/cat/armarkat-cat-tree-beige/dp/55089
This one:http://m.petsmart.com/mt/www.petsma...jsp?productId=4347895&f=PAD/psNotAvailInUS/No
They all look great
However, I think the last one looks like it might pose a problem as the base doesn't seem as wide as the other two?

Those are great prices by the way .. In Canada, I would most likely be looking at about $20.00-$30.00 more for the same tree if I went through the local pet store. I hope to do a little better through Amazon.ca with free shipping.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I like the first one, the ivory coloured one.

Lots of levels, a hidey hole and a nice rope toy to play with as well. One of my trees had soft balls on pieces of elastic when we first got it, but they soon got ripped off and buried under the rug.