MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, they all seem pretty comparable.

Instinct - Seems better since it has less fillers like peas or potato, and doesn't contain meals (which are heavily processed). The dry matter carbs are 26% but it has nice protein at 52%

Wysong - Also good, I don't quite like that there are so many ingredients, like peas, and coconut oil, and meals are there but at least the first ingredient is chicken. The dry matter carbs are lower at 23% but it has higher protein at 56%

Blue Buffalo - I think the weakest of the food options, same deal with the meat vs meals and I hate seeing "caramel color" in there. The dry matter carbs are actually higher at 31% but with lower protein at 44%

That being said, I think the Wysong and Instinct are both pretty good. I would say whatever you feel best about? Since they only get a little snack of it, it's way less impactful than if that was every meal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
The Wysong is a little bit less expensive, so I thought about switching.

Then on the flip side, I thought, It's not really a main part of their diet, so why not just get some cat chow at walmart? Would that little bit of junk dry really hurt? Like an 1/8 cup.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Megan, the "little bit" of dry food adds up over their lifetimes. So it is important to choose a higher quality kibble. I feed Daisy Blue Buffalo Wilderness chicken, but if she liked Nature's Variety Instinct by itself I would give her that.