Opinions On These Dry Foods, Please!

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
American Journey Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
Purina ONE True Instinct Natural Real Chicken Plus Vitamins & Minerals Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
Purina Beyond White Meat Chicken & Egg Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
Cat Chow Naturals Grain-Free With Real Chicken Dry Cat Food

Out of these, which do you think is best? Or do you have another suggestion in this price range? I'm having to cut back on my budget, and one of the areas I spend the most money is pet food.

They only eat about 1/8 -1/4 a cup of dry food a day, sometimes none. I mostly feed them all wet food. Artemis loves kibble so much that he now learned how to unlatch the lid with his head, push it up with his paws, and eat his kibble straight from the container.

I want to keep feeding them all of this higher quality stuff, but right now it's Friskies, American Journey, Dave's, and whatever might be on sale, plus some cheaper dry food. I also like to keep the dry around for when I leave for a weekend and need to leave food out or have a pet sitter coming only once a day.

Any positive input would be great. Thanks

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd also suggest American Journey. Not sure about the price range, but there is also Dr. Elsey's clean protein kibble. My friend uses Abound chicken dry food, which I think is the same price as Purina. I've never fed it to my cat, but hers has no problems with it.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I just heard about a problem with dog food and starches (potatoes, peas, lentils, legumes) tied with lack of taurine causing heart problems for dogs.
Convoluted, and the FDA isn't including cats in the warning, but I'm starting to think potatoes and peas for cats might not be such a good thing.

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't comment on the food choices, but your story about the cat opening the food container made me laugh! My family cat when I was growing up insisted that he got to eat out of the container when it was filled. Somebody would pour the bag into the container, he would hop up on the counter, eat his fill, then be perfectly content until it was empty again.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
American Journey Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
Purina ONE True Instinct Natural Real Chicken Plus Vitamins & Minerals Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
Purina Beyond White Meat Chicken & Egg Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
Cat Chow Naturals Grain-Free With Real Chicken Dry Cat Food

Out of these, which do you think is best? Or do you have another suggestion in this price range? I'm having to cut back on my budget, and one of the areas I spend the most money is pet food.

They only eat about 1/8 -1/4 a cup of dry food a day, sometimes none. I mostly feed them all wet food. Artemis loves kibble so much that he now learned how to unlatch the lid with his head, push it up with his paws, and eat his kibble straight from the container.

I want to keep feeding them all of this higher quality stuff, but right now it's Friskies, American Journey, Dave's, and whatever might be on sale, plus some cheaper dry food. I also like to keep the dry around for when I leave for a weekend and need to leave food out or have a pet sitter coming only once a day.

Any positive input would be great. Thanks
I like the American Journey. I just ordered a 5 lb bag for my cats to try. Chewy is having 50% off sale.
You could also check out Earthborn Primitive Feast. It's 44% protein and 15%carbs. I also ordered a 5 lb bag of this.

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The only one of those I have used is American Journey. Mine share about 1/4 cup every other day in a puzzle feeder. They both like it, and more importantly, their digestive systems both like it.

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use the Beyond chicken & egg. My cat also only gets maybe 1/8 cup if that combined with her Friskies wet. She loves this dry! We use it as her treats too because she doesn't seem to like any actual treats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the American Journey. I just ordered a 5 lb bag for my cats to try. Chewy is having 50% off sale.
You could also check out Earthborn Primitive Feast. It's 44% protein and 15%carbs. I also ordered a 5 lb bag of this.
I used to buy earthborn, I could maybe switch back to that and buy a small bag.