Opinions On The Rolling Cat Box?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Interesting idea. I don't think it would work for me because Link tends to use every square inch of his litter box. It looks like the grid section takes up a good portion of the space. The whole rolling aspect scares me a little because I just see litter and dust ending up everywhere. I think I'd want to see it in person and maybe even just test out the mechanics of cleaning with some water to stimulate pee before actually putting it to use (just so I could return it in good conscience if it didn't work out well).

Mr Fluffers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got one and love it. Takes 30 seconds to scoop the litter. It's so quick and easy that I do mine about 3 times a day. My cat is a 15 pound Maine Coon and the size seems fine for him.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm 90% certain this is the box my cousin has. I haven't tried it myself; but I know she loves it. She said its very quick and easy to use. Her cat is probably average build but a bit plump.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a lot of these enclosed boxes are just too small for most cats. I just line the litterbox with a puppy pad which virtually eliminates any urine odor. I change the pad weekly and never need to wash the box. The ones I buy are $5 for 15 pads, so cheap too.

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two and I absolutely love them! Instead of hurting my back as I lean over to scoop, I just roll them, whack the bottom a few times to dislodge clumps (which mostly happens when I've forgotten to add litter to keep a good 3-4 inch depth), roll back, and dump out the sliding tray. Saipha and Mishka are average sized cats and have no issues with the size of the box.

A couple of tips for this box if you decide to give it a try:
1) Definitely get the large size. The regular size is only good for kittens.
2) The one on Chewy looks to be the old version. The new version is much better with proper locking clasps instead of the weak sliding ones. I know Amazon at least has the new version.
3) Use a good clumping litter. Heavy clay litters work better than lightweight litters.
4) If your cats don't like covered boxes, you can just leave the top off and only snap it on when you want to roll and clean the box.

Mr Fluffers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I attached a pic of my cat below. As you can see, he isn't a small cat. He weighs over 15 pounds. I have two boxes, this one and a normal covered one, and he only uses this one. I roll the box slowly and don't spill in litter or kick up dust. I also give some taps on the bottom when it's rolled over to loosen anything that's stuck. I also have a litter genie where I dump the clumps. This system works great. I pretty much only use the scoop to even out the litter after I roll it back in place.

20180127_234730_HDR (1).jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oonawingedwolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all, I have an order planned so I am going to go with this one to get the free shipping.

Ajames1028

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I also have this litter box. Do you have any suggestions to help the litter from sticking to the sides/corners of the box? Even when I give it a few good whacks, it still sticks!

Ajames1028

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I've been thinking about trying that litter. Good to know it works!