Opinions on having plants around

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness. What weirdo. Sometimes chewers are just chewers.

Luckily giving Magnus some cardboard boxes deters his other chewing. He just likes the sensation.
Yeah he’s a goof. He even chews on the big wooden knobs at the top of the kitchen chairs.
It’s so funny I’ll see PetFinder ads that say “experienced Siamese owners only, please” and I used to think - that’s weird.
BUT, although Smudge is a rescue he sure does look and act Siamese and now I get it. I can definitely see how he would be a challenge for someone who was expecting a calm kitty dozing in the sunshine. 🤣

Jabzilla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont have any toxic plants in my house. I refuse to bring in anything that could be poisonous, be it plants or cleaning agent. My cats are far more important! That doesn't mean having to be free of plants either though. I have three different caletheas, one areca palm, a birds nest fern, two prayer plants, a catnip plant, and two pepperomia species hanging out at the window. All of those are cat safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
We bought a condo that had older (not asbestos) popcorn ceilings. I actually caught this kitty boy on the cabinet eating the “popcorn”!
0.o I guess some cats will try to eat anything 🤣

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have several Philodendrons and a couple Pathos. My youngest has proved to be a a plant destroyer so I have put most of them up high on a shelf he can't get to in the bathroom. I have 3 on our fireplace mantel, which he can get to if I don't have things in his way where he would need to land. So I have cardboard boxes blocking his landing spots. Super classy looking. I also have one hanging, that he can't reach.

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's no cat household without an unnecessary amount of cardboard boxes either covering things or laying around because the cat has claimed them...
Smudge squishes himself into this tiny cardboard box he barely fits in. We ended up with a bigger one so I put the bigger one in his “spot”, but I kept the old one just moved it. I told my husband “this big box should be better but I’ll let Smudge decide”. I’m sure you’ve already guessed how this story ends.
IMG_4950.jpeg
IMG_4949.jpeg

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Smudge squishes himself into this tiny cardboard box he barely fits in. We ended up with a bigger one so I put the bigger one in his “spot”, but I kept the old one just moved it. I told my husband “this big box should be better but I’ll let Smudge decide”. I’m sure you’ve already guessed how this story ends.
Excuse me! But I do not see any issue with the size of this box and how perfectly Smudge fits in it! In fact, it looks a little big on him!! Might I recommend getting him an even smaller box?
😂

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a pothos, a spider plant,a prayer plant and an aloe. All are hanging from ceiling hooks. There is nothing close by that the cats can use to get close to them.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Even the toilet paper oh Lord that must have been quite the chore to clean up
Lol- my toilet paper is in a cabinet ( easy access)lol and in the guest bathroom it is in the shower stall- occasionally a guest does not put it back where they got it and it looks like it snowed in South Florida come morning! In all my years with cats not one was interested in TP but then came Sami- if anyone has thoughts of having a Bengal - lol,well if you enjoy 2yr old children then that's the cat for you- but beware,their batteries run 24/7!

Plants?I love plants and have a patio full of hanging baskets of cat friendly non toxic plants.... my cats are much more important than plants and do not know what is safe and what is not- its my responsibility to ensure their safety