Opinion On This Food? Air-dried.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s essentially a freeze dried raw like Stella and Chewys. I am not sure the distinction between air dried and freeze dried. The ingredients look good. But it does have ground bone if bone is problematic for any of your kitties. It also means that while your cats will probably prefer it dried like kibble, it should be rehydrated like canned. Maybe you can make a meat stock to rehydrate it with or at least some stock plus water.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I gather, air-dried doesn't rehydrate like freeze-dried does. If I were to try to rehydrate it, it would be "on the side."

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20% moisture is still well below 75%. I consider this dry food if it doesn’t rehydrate.

Also, I’m nervous about bone passing through with so little moisture. But then I’m already nervous about bone. I don’t even want to try it with my IBD kitty at correct moisture levels.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
This is true. The food is also pricey so it would be a treat meal. We are fortunate to not have any sensitivities, aside from Evie having sporadic reactions to chicken formulas. It would definitely be a "pizza for dinner" kind of meal. ;) Anyway, their other meal of the day would be wet. They are 100% wet-fed at the moment, aside from a few (like 8-10) pieces of hard kibble before my husband comes to bed.