Opinion Needed--about Painting Garage

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:ruminating:Melody always wants to be where I am. She is allowed supervised visits to the garage--which is not kitty-proofed. I am planning to paint the garage this weekend and know that she will not be happy if she can hear me in the garage, but not see me. There is no screen door. I could put up the temporary screen--on a tension rod--that I got to protect a door screen upstairs. But, it may not be enough to keep her out of the garage. Do I stress her for several hours with a closed door? Put up the temporary screen, but expose her to the smell of the paint? Can you tell I feel guilty already?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
When you start feeling guilty for closing doors, kicking a cat off your lap because you have to go to the bathroom, close the window when it's too cold, etc ...

remember that you are allowed to say no, guilt-free! You are not hurting anyone, merely annoying kitty. The stress shouldn't be too bad for such a short period of time. You are not saying no to permanent happiness, merely no to instant gratification. Melody will be fine, so I wouldn't stress too much over the closed door.

The Ripple Rug
:yeah: Olive has only recently learned - and lost - the joys of the ripple rug. She has so much fun with it! Our boy Trin thought it made an excellent litter box, though, so I need to order her another one.