Opi Got His Bride!!!! Meet Ophelia!

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyone meet Opi's future wife :D. She's moon faced white blue eyed Persian! Her name is Ophelia! She's a real beauty and a sweetie. Opi is very fond of her and wants to be friends I was not expecting that. I wasn't going to let him meet her on the first day and keep them separated for a few days but he insisted to see what was inside that box that had mew coming from it. So I put the box down and let him sniff it and then she popped out unexpectedly making him jump. He then tried to figure out what she was lol. He was scared of her and he hissed and then paw batting started. I then gave her a bath cause she was abousolutely infested with fleas. I set out with the hubby to look for Opi's wife I was determined to find him a wife this day! One pet shop was closed, another was sold out of kittens, and the other I was quite angry at. The last one had just brand newly opened and yet all of his kittens had ear mites and mange :mad: I was all over them. They had no signs of being treated for it. I was so angry and made my hubby tell him off! Then we started to go home I'd given up on the kitten hunt. Then to my surprise the first shop we went to was opened! I excitedly went to the cages to see one tiny white blue eyed kitten exactly the way I wanted her. I begged the hubby to get her and he finally gave in. She was low in price and we haggled for lower. I bought pet safe shampoo cause I saw had quite a few fleas not unusual. Her face was a bit dirty not uncommon in kittens here when there not in homes. So I we took her home and I gave her bath and to my shock there were more than just a few :mad: she was a walking flea's nest! Poor little thing had fleas everywhere eggs droppings you name it. We now know why she was lower in price. I gave her a good bath and got her flea free thank God. I'm so glad we got her if anyone else had got her they would of returned or worse dump her at least that's what I expect. If she was returned she most likely gone untreated then got sick then all down hill from there. The second we bought her is when two girls came asking how much she was and the shop owner said sorry she's sold. Those girls did not seem the dedicated type. So I am so glad we adopted her! My hubby says she really was meant to be ours cause she was a girl, the only kitten in the shop, the exact breed I wanted, and the shop just opened when we got there. Opi is really in love to it hasn't even been like 4 hours and he's already grooming her it's adorable! She hisses every now and then but she let's him be near her without looking to upset.

Attachments

Last edited:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone meet Opi's future wife :D. She's moon faced white blue eyed Persian! Her name is Ophelia! She's a real beauty and a sweetie. I'll tell you more about her and her story later but now I gotta run just couldn't wait to introduce her!
Ophelia is a cutie :kitty:, Opi-the-furry-conductor Opi-the-furry-conductor . I hope Opi will be happy with his bride...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww! She’s so precious! I hope her and sweet Opi become best of friends! :bluepaw::bluepaw:
Ophelia is playing a bit hard to get but she does like him. Opi abousolutely adores her! When I was giving her a bath and she was mewing he stood there by my side to make sure she was ok. Then she mewed later he ran to my hubby meowing at him to come save her xD. He grooms her and purr meows at her.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ophelia is adorable. :catlove:

Glad to hear you're not going to mate them, as it sounds like there are enough cats waiting for homes. And I think she and Opi will be much happier once neutered. And remember females can go into heat at 5 months or earlier, so don't wait too long. :catrub:

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
5 months really =o wow I did not know that :'D good to know. Opi will be fixed by then but I need to make sure she's fixed by then cause she could get out. Thanks for the info :)

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
:flail::lol::lolup: This has got to be the best post of all time on here. :thumbsup::lol:
Thank you ^-^ it's all true though xD he really acts like that. Sorry for the late reply a lot has happened since we got Ophelia. The poor little thing had blood in her feces and she seemed to have so less of an appetite. When I saw the blood me and hubby got an appointment to the vet right away. I continued to watch her for any more symptoms. She had blood a couple more times not a lot just a few drops. I at last saw a worm the same day and the next. That solved the case to where the blood came from. We still took her to the vet to get a checkup and the proper dosage of medicine and such. The vet said she is fine she just has worms. Her low appetite is because she is only 1 month old! She said to us she is so young! She pretty much just started walking and open her eyes! I thought she was young but it was so hard to tell cause she's so fluffy. I never guessed that young though. I was outraged that she was taken away from her mother so young! The vet said she still needed to be weined the poor little thing :(. So she gave us medicine for both her and Opi gave us the instructions on how to use it. She also told us where to get formula for little Ophelia and told us to encourage her to eat solid food but also to give her formula as well until she gets older. I just kept looking at Ophelia saying you poor little baby that man who sold you was so irresponsible! The vet was a really good one I liked her a lot she gave us a lot of good advice and wasn't outrageous in price. She told us she wanted Ophelia to come back in a month to get a checkup. I'm so glad we got Ophelia more than anything now. She really needed us. And thank God we found a great vet ^-^.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she is lucky to have found you. Next time, I would recommend that you look for kittens at a shelter or a rescue. Even though you rescued your girl, supporting pet stores encourages more of this cruelty.

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, she is lucky to have found you. Next time, I would recommend that you look for kittens at a shelter or a rescue. Even though you rescued your girl, supporting pet stores encourages more of this cruelty.
talkingpeanut talkingpeanut if I could of gotten one from a shelter I would of. Unfortunately there is only one shelter in my country that I have heard exist. It's thethe capital of my country very very far from me. I live in upper Africa not in a place where stuff like this comes easy. Finding a good vet is very hard, even cat food and litter cost a fortune here, I actually found cat toys and one cat bed ridiculously over priced in a pet store. It took me forever to find the accessories. I still havent even found cat collars just dog collars. Ordering online is next to impossible unless it's local because of taxes even if you bought something $1 abroad that wasn't in Africa it would most likely cost you $100 in taxes to get it out of the shipment company. It's abousolutely outrageous. People here are very kind to animals and take care of them feed them all that but it's hard. There are bad eggs here who are mean and evil but not a lot. It's not a free country like America. This country is great I love it so much but the president here let's just say I have many disagreements with what he does. I'm a born American so I'm use to things being so much easier. I've always rescued cats from the street and shelters but here rescuing them is hard. I've wanted to rescue another cat from the street like I did Opi but they had disease. I didn't want to put Opi at risk. I looked for 5 months in the streets for one that I figured was safe to let Opi near. I found none I learned a lot of people are not so educated in cats so even the pet store cats who get bought are only fed cream cheese, bologna, or fish. Which is so bad!!! I've never bought a cat before this was my first time and that was because I felt either way I'm saving her from being put in the wrong hands. If I would of known she was like she was the guy would of gotten and earful and a demand to give her back to her mother.
P.S. Don't worry I feed Opi and Ophelia correctly. There food may cost a fortune but I make sure they eat good ^-^.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, poor little Ophelia. Four weeks is very young. Does she even have her baby teeth yet? Luckily for her, she's living with you now.

Because she's so young, and has so much fur, is there any chance you could find a baby scale to use to weigh her, to ensure she's gaining enough weight.

Also, if you need any advice on caring for such a young kitten, you could post a new thread in the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care forum.

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes
Oh, poor little Ophelia. Four weeks is very young. Does she even have her baby teeth yet? Luckily for her, she's living with you now.

Because she's so young, and has so much fur, is there any chance you could find a baby scale to use to weigh her, to ensure she's gaining enough weight.

Also, if you need any advice on caring for such a young kitten, you could post a new thread in the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care forum.
she has does have a few tiny little pearly whites already showing. Some are just tiny little spikes barely showing. I was feeding her a piece of liver as a treat and she was nibbling on it then I wasn't watching and she got my finger I cried out in pain and shock that a tiny little thing like her could have such a sharp strong bite lol. I then told her be careful you little Purana xD.