Open pyometra

~Lunar-Lullaby~

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Two days ago I noticed my intact female cat had a whitish discharge that started turning pinkish, then a couple of hours later it was red. I immediately looked up possible things it could be and came across something called pyometra. After looking into it more it seemed very possible that she had an open pyometra and scheduled her to be spayed at the earliest time possible.

Well, I took her to get spayed this morning and about an hour ago the vet called and confirmed that she indeed had it, but said that it was caught in time and they were going to give her antibiotics and she'd be fine.

The only other symptom she had was that she seemed to be sleeping a little more. She was eating fine, playing with me and even scratching a chair yesterday. I read that with an open pyometra, discharge may be the only symptom. Has anyone else dealt with this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

~Lunar-Lullaby~

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just brought her home and she's doing great. The vet said it was a good thing I brought her in when I did, or it could have been fatal. I'm so relieved she's okay.