Online Diaries...anyone else use them?

eva-loves-cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

How does that work exactly? I was thinking of starting a blog so that my friends can read up on what I'm doing, but I wouldn't want my parents to find it and read it (long story!). Would that be possible?

I went to the Blogging website and they didn't give much details about that kind of things...
You can use LiveJournal

Its free and you wouldn't have to worry about your parents reading it. You can make your journal friends only which means only friends that you add can see your journal. You could do one publis post on it saying "This journal is friends only, please leave a comment about who you are and I will add you" or something like that. Its really easy and if you ever get stuck livejournal does have a FAQ place.

When you make entries you can always choose whether its public, friends only, private or custum which means you can choose who out of your friends only list reads it. I know it might sound complicated but its not.

When you fill out your user info, everyone will see that but it is up to you what information you put on it. So there is no reason why your parents would track you from it.

I hope all this makes sense, and if you wanna know anything else just shout.

Eva x

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I write bits including a diary-like column for an online webzine. If anyones interested they can pm' me for the link

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also render your entire diary private. No one but you has access to it then.

Part of the reason I decided to online journal is because, when writing, my pen can't seem to keep up with my brain, so typing a journal is the way for me to go. Considering I type 103 wpm, my fingers keep up fairly well.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can reach my blog by clicking my sig image and going to the VERY bottom and in itty bitty litters it say "Site create by: Natalie Doe Personal Blog" click that and that is my blog
. I'm very public but nothing very personal. Just day to day doings. Today I'll be writing about the movie I'll see tonight and the fish tank I'm going to buy!!!

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have for several years, but I used to move around a lot so too many real life people wouldn't find me. Now I just let them. I write in it mostly when I'm upset about something, because I like to talk to hear myself talk a lot, it helps me sort things out, and I found that typing works too. It also comes in handy when I remember something or all of the sudden get a strong urge to vent or rave about something and I don't want to call everyone I know (most of whom are probably at work when I get it).

I don't give anyone the address though, unless I know them really well.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have an LJ but it is friends only, I am also a big fan of the custom user groups to decide who can read what and have several custom groups set up - the majority of people on my list get to read pretty much everything - but there are a few people who can read my more private posts.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sunnicat

Part of the reason I decided to online journal is because, when writing, my pen can't seem to keep up with my brain, so typing a journal is the way for me to go. Considering I type 103 wpm, my fingers keep up fairly well.
]
although I'm not sure what my wpm are....