I need help. My 12 year old cat has been struggling with this disease for two and a half months at this point. There is no known cause. Nothing foreign or toxic ingested, never had any signs of IBD. She was initially hospitalized for five days starting July 5th and she had a feeding tube installed and supportive care. She came home in much better shape and easily accepted the tube feeding. The medications at that time were dehydrocholic acid (synthetic bile), cerenia, buprenex and gabapentin for pain, vitamin K, and elura. She was being fed the ROYAL CANIN liquid recovery diet, until I ran out and it was on backorder everywhere and I switched to Emerald Sustain. She had several re-check appointments where her bloodwork eventually shows normal levels of everything so we were told to stop the synthetic bile acid and just keep giving her the cerenia, elura, and pain medicine until she started eating enough on her own, then the tube could come out. When after several more weeks there was no improvement with eating on her own another ultrasound was performed which shows pancreas still inflamed. A tapering dose of prednisone was started as well as another month of synthetic bile acid (which are awful sticky pills). She's on her 5th week of pred and I stopped the synthetic acid pills after 30 more days of them. Meanwhile, in a desperate attempt to get her to eat on her own, I switched to Mirataz as the appetite stimulant which works great for her. With one third of a dose I can get a solid 48 hours of full meals plus some extra out of her. She still isn't eating on her own though. As soon as that dose wears off she stops eating or barely eats. She scratches at the tube a lot and has a lot of obvious buildup of mucous or something in her throat and I had stopped all meds except the tapering dose of prednisone and the mirataz because it seemed like she was doing ok without them so I made an appt yesterday for another ultrasound followed by the tube removal. The ultrasound still shows inflammation of pancreas, stomach, and part of the liver so she was hesitant to take it out. After a discussion we decided to leave it in, which honestly made me feel more comfortable right now but I know my cat has had enough of it with the scratching and crap in her throat all the time. Even though I rinse the tube with 10 ml of tepid water after every use it would sit unused or barely used for a couple days and then I would try to use it again it would be clogged which has never been a problem before. I can get it open with about 3 ml of Pepsi but I have to do it every single time I use the tube which doesn't make sense. Anyway, after yesterday's ultrasound the vet extended the pred, which I'm fine with, started B12 shots at my request, and suggested I consult an internal medicine specialist. She has also gone from 11.4 lbs her whole life to 9.9 lbs despite eating like crazy lately which indicated malabsorption to me, hence asking for the B12 shots. I asked her how long it is safe to have a feeding tube in before an esophageal stricture develops and she is researching it. This is not the original tube. She pulled that one out about two weeks after it was put in. I tried for a week to get her to eat enough on her own but she wasn't and I couldn't get any meds into her so I had another tube put in. Then she ripped the stitches out on the new one but I managed to keep it in her for 7 days until our next appt. where they put extra stitches in and so far so good. All of this and the multiple appts and med pickups have been done at the emergency vet that admitted her which is an hour away. We are both tired of the ride and lack of progress in recovery. She always remained pretty tired and only occasionally leaves my bedroom. Other than that she grooms and eats great with the mirataz, purrs and makes biscuits when she sees me. I am about 9K into this at this point and there's not much improvement. I don't really want to spend another few thousand to get the opinion of an internal medicine specialist. My regular vet seems to think 2 months with a feeding tube is too long but I know people have left them in longer and had a successful outcome. Does anybody have any experience with this awful frustrating disease and anything that helped? I know recovery can take a long time but how long is too long? Should I keep her on the pain meds even though I've seen her look much worse? The buprenex has the same effect as the mirataz in that it makes her kind of hyper and slightly agitated so I probably wouldn't be able to give the two together. Should I give the elura more time, even though I tried it for two months already? She would eat the next meal following the elura dose but then would have no appetite again, but the elura doesn't make her hyper. Should I start the cerenia again for its anti-inflammatory properties even though she doesn't act nauseous? Sorry this post is kind of scattered...it's just been a long frustrating two and a half months and I don't know what else to do. I have three cats, but this one is my soul cat. She has been since the day I found her in a feral colony. She is also blind from a terrible herpes infection that took her eyes most likely from birth and after spending her whole first year getting the infection under control I had what was left of her eyes removed at a year old.