One of two cats throwing up on my homemade food

pastdue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I started raw food about 2 month ago...both cats eat it voraciously. I can't catch which cat is doing it but one of them is vomiting. It isn't every time they eat. I have done chicken and today I started turkey. I warm in the microwave to just barely. I really can't stand all this raw meat myself, Although I Love meat my own self...it's the raw part I can't stand. Seems like I smell like it! Anyway...should I feed the one that's throwing up again or just wait till it's time to eat again. I think the one that's throwing up has allergies....he was a rescue that has had watery, bloody eyes that I have not seen since this diet.The other one was feral who I still can't love up but is oh so much fun! I know all say don't microwave but I am BUSY! I will not keep making food if someone can't tolerate it unless ya'll have something I can try, Help!

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry one of your cats is throwing up.

First, the microwaving isn't the reason the cat is throwing up; sometimes I defrost the raw I feed because my refrigerator is too cold.

I do need some more info about the type of raw you feed:  is it just meat, is it ground, where did you buy the meat?

Some cats have problems with chicken, and that's why they throw up or over groom.  Though with the cat who has/had runny eyes, the vomit may signify something not related to food.  (Did you take him to the vet when he had runny eyes and if so what did the vet say?)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pastdue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No...I did not take him to the vet...We live in Las Vegas and since I moved here I even have allergies! I will when happens again. I have been following Dr. Piersons recipe and yesterday I made turkey instead of chicken to see if it helps with the vomiting. I sometimes sprinkle taurine on the food when feeding and will keep an eye on that as well. Most of the time it seems they love it and have no problem.

Lots of great information around this site to sift through! I may find the answer yet! Thank You  for your time!