One more reason to feed raw

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just thought I would pass on this article. I am so happy to have gone to raw feeding. Articles like this make me also want to give up the small amount of commercial raw food I feed my cats. You just cannot trust the pet food industry.

http://www.poisonedpets.com/blue-buffalo-admits-to-bullshitting-consumers/.
Very good article. I've been following this via Truth about Pet Food.

I wouldn't paint the entire commercial raw industry, however, with the same wide brush. Rad Cat, Primal, Darwin - at least those offer transparency to their customers via The Pledge:

http://truthaboutpetfood.com/31-pledges/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lisa Marie- I don't mean to paint the commercial raw industry with the same brush.  I have never heard a bad word about the food these companies sell. It's just that year after year we see case after case of commercial pet food companies offering less than quality foods. I believe that over the next few years the major companies are going to start offering raw and when they do...well, you can't trust them.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lisa Marie- I don't mean to paint the commercial raw industry with the same brush.  I have never heard a bad word about the food these companies sell. It's just that year after year we see case after case of commercial pet food companies offering less than quality foods. I believe that over the next few years the major companies are going to start offering raw and when they do...well, you can't trust them.
I see what you are saying, true.  I tend to trust the smaller companies although you never know - the company you trust today may not be trustworthy tomorrow .....

I definitely agree that making homemade, you have more control over ingredients. 

And pet food companies are like TV channels - there are hundreds of them, but only a few that are worthwhile.

Enjoy your day . :)

Last edited: