Once Cuddly Cat Doesn't Cuddle Anymore

calcifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my male cat about a year ago when he was just a kitten. He's been neutered, but he's still a little aggressive towards people he doesn't know. Also, the entire family has played roughly with him, like, letting him bite our fingers, etc, since we got him. However, up until a few months ago, he was still a very cuddly cat. He slept with me almost every night and he would cuddle a lot, he even used to knead on us and suck on our shirts; however, he's stopped doing that completely and refuses to even sleep in the same bed with me or be held at all if we're not carrying him somewhere or standing up. Is there a reason that he might be doing this? Is there a way to make him be the cuddly cat he used to be? Or is this just a phase that he'll eventually grow out of?

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like it's a phase. My guys go through phases where you can't sleep without them in the bed, then suddenly you won't see them for a month. Chances are he's just more active at night now as he gets older and is off doing his thing. If you do notice a sudden unexplained change in his behavior, though, it's worth a vet visit just to be sure. :)