once a sprayer always a sprayer?!?

aroojay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi.i am having issues with my male persian cat.he is 1 n half yr old ginger.i got him when he wz almost a yr old so probably have had him for 6mnths now. he has always had behavioural issues like peeing in the washroom basin,pooping on the floor etc.but with time he got better.Now the issue is HE HAS STARTED SPRAYING!!! he is not spayed as we wanted a litter from him but now tht we have had a litter,is spaying going to help? do they stop spraying if we get them spayed at this age or is he doomed for good?

and also,my female cat had her litter on 20th of this mnth.she is Feeding the babies and all are healthy.but now i fear she wud also strt spraying the house if i dont get her neutered anytime soon.every1 here has told me to firstly keep my male cat away from her and thts wat i am doing. 2ndly they said i shud let her be till she is feeding her babies.but i do not want her to start spraying too and never stop!! is it the same fr male and female cats or do the male cats only spray?! i do not know wat to do

Last edited:

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In all honesty he may or may not stop spraying. It is definitely not good that he has started.

Females can spray but it is much less likely.

Please get both fixed as soon as you possibly can.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The sooner he gets in and is neutered, the better chance that he won't have this bad habit for his lifetime. This is what makes cats into sprayers, waiting to get them neutered.

Once it starts, it becomes a habit. 

Girl needs to be spayed asap, that will help him stop too.

Her being unspayed is making him spray, to tell other male cats that she is HIS woman more or less, and to stay away.

The longer it goes on, the better chance he will spray for life.