On the advice of a very dear friend...

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I'd share a little about what I've been going through and what I'm still enduring, *and* why I seemingly disappeared for a year.

Last time I was really writing here I had some scary yet exciting news. I shared this news with a friend here. Not long afterward I miscarried.

Since then... I've suffered with depression and have quite literally let myself go. Just with in the past two months have I managed to pick myself up and start putting myself back together. Each and every day is a work in progress.

A special thanks to that friend.. for understanding.. listening, and not getting angry at my disappearing and keeping myself distant from everyone and everything.

I'm doing counseling and I'm writing in a journal every day. I'm starting school in September. I'm doing what I can to pull myself through this. I'm terribly sorry I just vanished on everyone. It's good to be back!

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't know you but i'm sorry for what you are going through, i know a friend who had depression and it wasn't easy.

please look after yourself and i hope you feel better soon

felicia

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good to see you back. Hope you're on the way back up, hope we can be here for you

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cassie,

It is a difficult situation to deal with, losing a child, no matter what the age of that child is. For being created inside of you, it becomes a part of you very early and you wait for those doctor appointments with anticipation, because you know you can listen to the heart-beat and you feel so connected, and so alive.

When I lost my child, I wondered what was wrong with me. Women all around me were having babies left and right, yet I couldn't manage a successful birth. Don't go down that path- the man Upstairs has it all figured out, and if we try and piece it together ourselves, we will lose what is left of our mind.

It is good that you understand that you need help. There is no shame in that. That is why professionals exist, to help all of us through the rough bumps of life when they threaten to send us topsy-turvy.

Welcome back, in more ways that one~!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back!
After I had my miscarriage, I didn't want to see anyone & didn't go outside for 3 days. Your hormones go thru such chaos, not to mention the emotional grief, I'm glad that you are doing counseling & that your life is moving on. I am esp. glad to see you back here at TCS! Life is like a diamond, with many facets, and even when one facet is scratched, the others can still shine & sparkle, when the light is right. I hope to see you in the forums again soon! Susan

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back! Be strong and you know all of us here will be there for you when you need us.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, Cassie, my name is Becky. It is nice to meet you. I am very sorry for your loss! And very glad you are coming back to TCS!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is good to hear that you are doing better. I hope you can stay around and let your friends at TCS help you through your path to recovery. We just had a long thread about depression and the toll it can take on your life. Best of luck, many good thoughts and prayers coming your way!

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome back Cassie! I am glad you are getting the help you need and best of luck to you! I am sure that everyone here would be more than happy to talk to you when you need to, and even when you dont, Welcome back to the TCS family.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Cassie,
I am so glad that you came back to TCS where you will have so much support from your old & new friends too.
My heart goes out to you.

Lei