On Long Island, Cats and Birds Clash, and People Take Sides

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Check out Newsday.com for two new articles on this story. (Sorry, I don't know how to add a link) Once again, the cat's are getting a bad rap. Ellis Henican surely does not understand the problem or that TNR works. At least the article on the left says that they have no intention of harming the cats, but who can be sure. The whole thing makes me nervous and worried for these cats. And for my own colony. My neighbors here on Long Island already hate my colony and want the cats gone. I can't wait to see what they do after reading this article.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by JIL05

Check out Newsday.com for two new articles on this story. (Sorry, I don't know how to add a link) Once again, the cat's are getting a bad rap. Ellis Henican surely does not understand the problem or that TNR works. At least the article on the left says that they have no intention of harming the cats, but who can be sure. The whole thing makes me nervous and worried for these cats. And for my own colony. My neighbors here on Long Island already hate my colony and want the cats gone. I can't wait to see what they do after reading this article.
Jil...I think your group needs to contact the group in this link:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81471

The problem as I see it is that both sides need to work together towards a common goal...just like they did in the article above.

Here's the link to one of the newsweek stories:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...age-bigpix2005

Katie

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please click the link that Katie provided (Thanks Katie!) and vote in our local newspaper's poll on what should be done to feral cats.
I love the people who voted for the bottom choice: Who cares? They're cats.
People can be so nice!

Katie,
I am not part of the group that cares for these cats...I have my own colony.
I will try to forward your post to one of the groups listed in the paper. And I hope that they are members of this site!

Thanks!