On Halloween we got a Treat (no Trick)

klgee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First off,what a wonderful site.

This beautiful gal showed up on our step. She was cold, hungry and had a tick. We have been looking for an owner though no one has come forward yet. I am very unfamiliar with the Siamese breed and wondering if she is part Siamese? Or what is called a Lynx Point Siamese.

Ty for any input. We will be looking for a forever home soon and it will break my heart to see her go. There's been a few folks that are interested in her though I am going to be picky :-)
All the best, Krista

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is a lynx seal point,  the tabby part will be a black silver I think...  She has white too.   How to put it together Im not not quite sure on...

But siamese?  No.   Probably a home made domestic combination, her siamese ancestors may be - probably are, many generations back.  But two point gene carriers met, and voila!  We do have our point.   Such happens for example among the Russian blue breed now and then, because they used some blue point siameses way back 60 years ago, but avoid to use known point carriers in breeding in the last 50 years... Yet they do pop up now and then...

The only we know his parets were a tabby and a cat with lotsa of white on, as both these genes are dominant.

Im happy to know you will make sure she will get a good home - if not in yours, so with someone else.

Tx for helping this girl!

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree about getting her scanned: you could call around to shelters, animal control, or vet offices to see who might be able to scan her for you.

And yes, she definitely looks like a lynx point to me, too. She's a beautiful cat! Thanks for helping find her a good home if her "original" people don't claim her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klgee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ty for your replies. Yes I've had her scanned - no chip. I have contacted my local Humane Society as well as different Lost and Find sites in my area. No seems to missing this beauty.
I also contacted a breeder out of Louisiana and she says not a Siamese though a Lynx Point Tabby as StefanZ says. All in all she's a lovely soul. She seems not too bothered by my other cats though was protective when my male came into her room. Out in the common area she is fine.
Ty all, Krista

156thecatexpert

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a beautiful cat! I looked it up and it is called a seal tabby pointor a seal tabby silver. I hope this little beauty find an owner!

arlo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is gorgeous! I would certainly call her a lynx point Siamese with those blue eyes and tabby markings. Also you can see that her body shows the temperature based Siamese coloration pattern where the extremity points are darker than the rest of her body. I have owned two such beautifully marked lynx point cats, adopted at different times as kittens, and the first also had the adorable white feet like hers. My veterinarian just labeled both as "Siamese mix" and since they were strays I never knew anything about their parents. A mixture of Siamese and other parentage could produce this, or it could be a more formally bred result. My first cat Arlo who looked very much like your gal lived to be 20! My vet called it hybrid vigor. My lynx point boys were the sweetest and most loving cats imaginable, and showed typical Siamese traits of being very companionable, vocal (although their voices did not sound like a traditional Siamese miaow), cuddly, and loyal. Siamese need love and companionship. You can check out more lynx point cats at the USA based Siamese Rescue organization at www.siameserescue.org. (I adopted my second such marked cat from them and they labeled him as a lynx point.). I am not sure, but I think that Siamese Rescue calls any blue eyed cat with tabby markings a lynx point. My guess is that this cat would make a very lovely pet and companion.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Without knowing her ancestry she is considered a Domestic Shorthair (DSH). With cats it's hard to tell what mix of breeds might be in there, easier to say what isn't. From the pictures I'd say she is not siamese. A lot of breeds have color point patterns, not just siamese, and her body type, head, and ears are all different from either modern or old-style siamese.

Using CFA terminology her pattern could be called lynx point with white.
Lynx=tabby (used to describe pointed cats only, not for other tabby cats)
Point=color on the cool points, i.e. face, tail, legs
With White=definite white patches, in this case the feet

Some associations use the word tabby instead of lynx in their description, means the same thing.
Some would call her mitted instead of with white.

So you have several choices in the way you describe her, although I personally wouldn't use the word siamese except maybe to say she has siamese type markings. Whatever you call her she's a beautiful cat. I hope she finds the perfect forever home.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow. She is a beautiful girl and she definitely lucked out when she picked your doorstep to land on. Thank you for helping her. All cats should have a friend like you. 

camillel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 Ihave just two words to describe her. Absolutely Beautiful! She is very lucky to find you. Hope you can keep her. Enjoy. I wish I lived closer I would definatly adopt her I have three other cats who are very friendly.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, she is one beautiful girl!!  Bless you for taking her in & keeping her safe & fed, while looking for a good home for her. 

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a beautiful girl with the sweetest face!  She is lucky to have come to your doorstep!  You are great to love and help this sweetheart!

nachoandsoma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is a tabby/Lynx point Siamese! This means that one or both of her parents had a Siamese parent. In addition to being a beautiful tabby/Lynx point she has white paws! This is uncommon among tabby/Lynx points but is a primary trait of Snowshoe cats so she may be a tabby/Lynx, DSH, Snowshoe mix! Regardless, she is one cute kitty!