OMG I got a SS Gift ALREADY!!!! Received Thread 2011

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  I had a surprise yesterday when I went to my friends house, it was my SS gift! So as so as I brought it home Maia and I got into it

We love our gifts! Thank you soooo much Secret Santa

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY!! Me and Kitters opened our pressies from our SS this evening!
On the box were the cutest reindeer puff stickers. Glitters and so cool!

Since we got the box Kitters has been sleeping under the tree "protecting" it.
She decided that today was the day we were going to open it, so she sat on it and said "let's do this mommy!"

Kitters helping open the package.

Once opened she chose to sit in the box and check out the pressies.

And maybe try to eat the ribbons.

Here is our whole haul!

We certainly got spoiled! Kitters certainly approves of her toys

and the BOX

Kitters got:
Two kinds of treats, a mylar crinkle ball, a purple kong kitteroo, a catnip mouse with a great tube of catnip, 2 pop up play cubes and a thing of fancy feast food!

I got spoiled galore!
A word search book, a soduko book, really nice smelling body spritz, a little hand sanitizer, peppermint body wash, a bath sponge, lipgloss, 3 sets of fuzzy socks, an eye mask, hello kitty gel pens, nail files, kitty frame magnets for the fridge, a cute little snowman that's like a bobble head and will dance with the light, stickers with my initial on it, a big hair clip, a hanging advent calendar with mints in each day and gobs and gobs of goodies!!!! Peppermint bark, some super delish looking chocolate dipped graham things that I'm about to dip into. Lots of peppermint candies, and Mrs. Fields goodies and candies made right right my SS lives! Even my DH got his own chocolate bar.

There were clues on each package with the names of the critters in the house but the one thing that I KNEW instantly as to who my SS was:

I know that puppy!

My SS was Nikki! (StarryEyedTiGeR) :woohoo:

Thank you so much Nikki! We both love everything so so much! Kitters was sleeping in her box in a catnip induced coma, and I "might" have already maybe, just a little bit tried some of the yummys! ;)

Those that might have missed it earlier, we also received an ornament a few weeks ago too!

And the update now, since it's taken me forever to post this (down an eye right now) Kitters is now awake in her box just touching all her stuff, including the little plastic ornament that was on her package! :)

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess what I got this morning?!

MY  SS PACKAGE!!

And, since my Secret Santa put her name on the address label, I do know who my package came from: sillyitiliangrl (a.k.a. Danielle)! I couldn't be happier with my Santa or the fabulous gifts she got for me and my kitties. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

My camera is charging at the moment so I don't have photos just yet, but rest assured that I did open up my box as soon as I had it in my hands! 

Here is a list of what my AMAZING SS got me:
  • 3 pairs of socks (one that is red with gingerbread on them and two super soft striped pairs -- one blue purple and green and the other red, yellow, and pink)
  • two sets of holiday window clings with photos of adorable puppies and kittens alongside of Christmas decorations
  • a gift box that contains 12 different nail polish shades (I love all of the colors, by the way)
  • sugar-free fudge dipped vanilla wafers
  • a magnetic to-do list and calendar (along with a good luck token which is now in my bag so that it is always with me)
  • 12 yummy hot cocoa packets
  • a stocking full of kitty toys which I know my cats will love
  • a new cover for my Nook (which I absolutely adore -- funny thing, I was going to go out today to buy a new cover for my Nook since mine got beat up over the last year; but, I'd never ever have found anything so perfect (it's so cute -- kitty themed and sparkly 
    ))
  • 3 bows which are extra special since I'm fairly certain that they were handmade by Danielle
I will post pictures as soon as my camera is fully charged and I am home from doing some last minute shopping. But, I wanted to make sure to post here to let everyone know that I received my package. I am so grateful for everything and so thankful for the kindness of my SS. So much thought and care was put into my package and I want you to know that it is so very appreciated. I love everything and thank you from the bottom of my heart! But, keep posted, I promise to share pics later on!

Thank you so very much, Danielle. I love everything and couldn't have asked for better gifts or for a better SS!
Oh I'm so glad you got it in time, and that you liked it!  I DID make the bows, and I customized the Nook cover just for you!  I saw that cat fabric and just KNEW I had to make something for you out of it, then I discovered your love of reading and well..... the cover was born :)

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so excited to pull in my driveway and see a package waiting for me! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm pretty sure my Secret Santa is Pollyanna. (Sesselja)

Teddy, checking out the unwrapped presents.

Milo, checking out the Christmas fun!

Pictured Above: Beautiful pictures of Iceland, Handmade slippers, some cat toys, a piece of Icelandic Volcanic Rock and ash, stationary, a magnet, and some delicious homemade chocolate in a gorgeous box. (I'm sure I left something out... )

My feet are so warm!

Again, thank you. I absolutely loved everything. All of your cards were so beautiful. I love receiving homemade things. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into my gifts. I also loved the items that represented Iceland. I am so excited to have a piece of your home in mine.

Yaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!! I am so glad it reached you in time!!!! 

I am so glad you liked everything! :)   This was so much fun, and a huge part of my life this fall, with all the stalking and making things. :)   I´m so glad you liked the slippers, I hope they fit. I had tried making one pair before for a little girl (pink ones) and I decorated them with litle flowers, but I was so pleased with myself when I got the idea of the cat on yours. :)

I had a little problem with the photos. First I intended to frame them, but couln't find any frames I could afford, except in IKEA, so I bought 2 black ones and 2 white ones. The black ones lookes terrible with the photos, the white looked better, not great, and one of them had a flaw. So I took them back to IKEA and got new white ones, but found out I really didn't like them for the photos. They need a bigger frame with a white thing between the photo and the frame, for them to look right. These were taken on one of those beautiful days where we stayed allmost all last summer. When I took them out of the frames, one was bended in one end and the photoprinter shop couldn't make more orders before Christmas. :(

Oh, and the label I clued on the little bottle with the ash from Eyjafjallajökull was fine untill just before I put it into the parcel, I just washed my hands, didn't realize the ink would run, but the label was stuck and I didn't have time to find another little bottle or "force" that label off.

Just wanted to explain why those things looked so bad! :D  (I wasn't too pleased the the box with the chocolate either, this is the first time I do this, next I will have the experience and  improve.) 

Again...I am SO  glad it got to you and that you liked it! I loved thinking everything in purple, to have the theme with the gift and the cards perfect. :lol:

Oh....by the way, the decoration on the slippers are made from Alpacca wool......so I was not far from the Llama!  :lol:

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just opened up all of my SS goodies a little while ago! My SS was so kind and thoughtful; I love everything! :heart3: As soon as my camera cooperates, I will be posting lots of pictures, and revealing the identity of my amazing SS! :clap:

YAY!! Me and Kitters opened our pressies from our SS this evening!
On the box were the cutest reindeer puff stickers. Glitters and so cool!

Since we got the box Kitters has been sleeping under the tree "protecting" it.
She decided that today was the day we were going to open it, so she sat on it and said "let's do this mommy!"

Kitters helping open the package.

Once opened she chose to sit in the box and check out the pressies.

And maybe try to eat the ribbons.

Here is our whole haul!

We certainly got spoiled! Kitters certainly approves of her toys

and the BOX

Kitters got:
Two kinds of treats, a mylar crinkle ball, a purple kong kitteroo, a catnip mouse with a great tube of catnip, 2 pop up play cubes and a thing of fancy feast food!

I got spoiled galore!
A word search book, a soduko book, really nice smelling body spritz, a little hand sanitizer, peppermint body wash, a bath sponge, lipgloss, 3 sets of fuzzy socks, an eye mask, hello kitty gel pens, nail files, kitty frame magnets for the fridge, a cute little snowman that's like a bobble head and will dance with the light, stickers with my initial on it, a big hair clip, a hanging advent calendar with mints in each day and gobs and gobs of goodies!!!! Peppermint bark, some super delish looking chocolate dipped graham things that I'm about to dip into. Lots of peppermint candies, and Mrs. Fields goodies and candies made right right my SS lives! Even my DH got his own chocolate bar.

There were clues on each package with the names of the critters in the house but the one thing that I KNEW instantly as to who my SS was:

I know that puppy!

My SS was Nikki! (StarryEyedTiGeR) :woohoo:

Thank you so much Nikki! We both love everything so so much! Kitters was sleeping in her box in a catnip induced coma, and I "might" have already maybe, just a little bit tried some of the yummys! ;)

Those that might have missed it earlier, we also received an ornament a few weeks ago too!

And the update now, since it's taken me forever to post this (down an eye right now) Kitters is now awake in her box just touching all her stuff, including the little plastic ornament that was on her package! :)
Yay! I'm so happy you and Kitters are enjoying all of the goodies!! I love the pictures of her helping to open everything :lol3: You guys were so fun to shop for; I was excited to have you this year,since you were my SS a few years ago!!:clap: Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I woke up early and opened up the SS packages that were sitting under my Christmas tree! I could not have been more spoiled by my thoughtful SS! :hugs: THANK YOU!! The furbabies and I love everything, and appreciate all of the thought you put into making our Christmas a special one! :)

My SS sent: A Pioneer Woman cookbook (I'm so excited about this cookbook! I will be trying out my first recipe from this book in a few hours!), an adorable kitty spoon rest (I collect them), two pomegranate body lotions that smell fantastic, tons of toys for the kitties to play with (mice, toy balls, and everything in between!), an EmeryCat board for the kitties, an adorable picture frame that says "MEOW" in scrabble pieces (it's darling! I have the perfect picture in mind for it too!), a giant strawberry flavored candy cane treat for me, and cute coffee mug filled with candy that says, "Tis The Season" (will be using that today!), and my absolute favorite: A giraffe Christmas ornament that is the most adorable thing I've ever seen!!! Thank you! Thank you! We love everything! :clap:

My SS spoiled me rotten this year!

All of the goodies!

I love this card! The funny thing is that there are little owls on the card, and I'm wearing pajamas with owls that look just like them :lol3:

Unwrapped!

Seriously...I am in LOVE with this ornament!! Thank you SS for understanding my obsession with giraffes! :D

Adorable spoon rest (I collect them). This one reminds me of my kitty, Kojak!

Kojak & Isabella checking out their toys! (Lucky was asleep)

Kojak loved all of the toys! He even used poor Isabella to rest one of the toys on lol...

Pioneer Woman!!!

Dear SS, you couldn't have had more amazing timing! I'm hosting Christmas dinner at my house later today for my family and the main dish is going to be lasagna! As soon as I opened up my new cookbook and saw this recipe, I decided to add a few new additions to mine based on this recipe; I can't wait to see how it turns out!

And my wonderful SS was???....

JORDI! (capt_jordi). Jordi, thank you again for all of your thoughtfulness! I absolutely love everything!:hugs: And since you're a fellow Tennessee native like me, I hope you and your family have a Tender Tennessee Christmas! :hugs:

Last edited:

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh! So I've opened my SS gifts and absolutely love love love everything!!!!

This Christmas is VERY different for me... Things have been stressful and crazy for me in the last month and a lot has changed in my life. I made the trek to NJ on my own to spend time with my grandma for a week, as well as eat at my uncle's house like I used to when I lived here. My gifts and the timing were perfect!!

My SS had written down to think of it as my relaxation kit...and that's all I can think of doing and needing! Thank you soooo much SS, you have made my Christmas :)

I don't have internet here at my grandmas, so I'm using tapatalk and used my phone for a couple pics since I have no way to use my DSLR. I hope uploading thru my phone/tapatalk works...

I received: a magnet from Colorado (which is a potential "move to" place on my list! Love CO!), the warmest most awesome blanket, cozy socks, paw print mug, Ghirardelli peppermint hot chocolate, chocolate chip cookies - Yum, brown vanilla sugar body cream and spray (one of my fav!), and The Catswold Portal to read. Picturing using all of this as my kit has made me so happy. It brought tears to my eyes :) and the kitties (who I miss! I had left their xmas gifts from me before I left and will get these when I'm back!) Got temptations, mice (Neko will be in heaven!), and a super swooped. Can't wait to see them play with their loot :clap:

I believe I know who my SS is and will send a PM to confirm!

Thank you again a million times over :clap:

Edit: just realized/remembered I can't pm on tapatalk!! Poo!

Last edited:

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I opened my gifts last night and was very blessed with my SS this year! What a very sweet and generous SS I had and it really touched my heart!
  I am just now able to post everything because I even made a video of Keira going crazy over those catnip filled pads! OMG!!! They were a total hit!!! 
 While I was making the video it was really hard for me to not just bust out laughing at how she was OVER - reacting to being overdosed on catnip.

Gifts include many cat toys, including pom poms (which Keira loves), a book, magnets, memo pads, multiple cat themed items, including a lovely cat plate (to hang up), a cup, calendar, and a really nice hummingbird picture! Of course I received many, many goodies!
The book looks very interesting! I love natural disaster type themed movies such as "The Day after Tomorrow", etc so you may have just turned me onto a new author.

I didn't receive many hints as to who my SS is so now I will have to do some detective work!

So now for the pictures and video!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Keira is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  I love her markings!!  And now I must find out who your ss is so I can see where she got those catnip pads!  My cats would LOVE those! 

Merry Christmas everyone!  I love seeing all of the amazing gifts!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keira is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  I love her markings!!  And now I must find out who your ss is so I can see where she got those catnip pads!  My cats would LOVE those! 

Merry Christmas everyone!  I love seeing all of the amazing gifts!
 Keira is a little demon child!

She aggravates me as much as any 5 year old, is too smart for her own good, but she makes me laugh.

Thanks Jcat for the info on uploading! I was getting so frustrated at the new system that if I had to do it a third time I was going to just say forget it!

Last edited:

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We opend all the rest of our pressies today, thank you SS (yayi) there are some really lovely gifts here and so many of them 
 as if all the food packages wernt enough already 

I just love all the mango stuff

Im really looking forward to putting the moon and suns in my bathroom 
 the wooden hands are wonderful and the sun and moon insence holders.

I will look forward to wearing the pretty top with the matching jewelery this summer

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Opened the box this morning- everything inside is so lovely! I love all of it!! Thank you so much Mattie for the gorgeous gifts!

Open it already... (Yes that is food sitting on the box, it was the only way I could make him appear interested.)

The padding...

Loved the beautiful wrapping!

All of the gifts together. I love the card which I presume Mattie made. Do you scrapbook? I have a ton of scrapbooking things but I'm always afraid I'll mess up and ruin everything. :lol3:

I received two Garfield books (I already read the smaller one), an adorable cat backpack clip which is already on my purse, two awesome cat picture frames- I can't wait to find good enough pictures to put inside, a year planner, I needed a new one as my current planner is now outdated, a daily calendar, and an awesome "Bad Cat Calendar". I can't wait until 2012 so I can use them! Some adorable mouse toys for Wessie, a page of cat stickers, a book of cute cat pictures (I've already read through a lot of that one, too!), a gorgeous pillow that has the word meow on it, and the book Cleo. I can't wait to get started on it. Thank you again Mattie for all the amazing gifts! You are an awesome Secret Santa!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
We opened presents after church today and had a great time.

Goldy is definitely my darksider kitty.  This is two days before Christmas.

How did she know there's catnip in the tin?

Gavin looking for trouble in the tree.  One string of lights had burned out and I was trying to drape more lights around the tree.

The presents make a good base for his explorations.

Kitties love the wrappings.  Thanks, Carolina.

Kitties got Da Bird!  Also a cute hammock bed and a fuzzy blankie. (The card said it's for the kitties
)

A pop-up cube, and oh yeah, Da Bird is still a hit

Hercules enjoying the blankie

I got a beautiful necklace and earring set, two adorable cat teacups, a giant pencil (mine are always walking away),

turtles, an extra mouse to attach to Da Bird, and of course the tin of catnip.  There are some treats for the kitties that I haven't opened yet.

My mom got two different kinds of chocolate.  Thanks for remembering her, Carolina. 

There's also a book of Sudoku puzzles that's not in the picture because my mom was working on it.

Hercules still enjoying the blankie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally have a few minutes to post, so sorry to my wonderful Santa that I made her wait....I received a BEAUTIFUL southwestern Nativity, Indian Cotton Flower shower cream (mmmm), an adorable kitty cat noteholder that's going RIGHT into work, LOL! Also 2 fleece dog pulls, kitty toys, and 4 fleece VERY POPULAR catnip toys!
(don't forget the wonderful pre gifts I got as well :) )THANK YOU SO MUCH, my Secret Santa

GOLDYCAT!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were extremely spoiled by our Secret Santa, Paula (AlleyGirl).   We got all kinds of gifts, including a gorgeous cat necklace for me and a beautiful handmade quilt for Daisy.  There were chocolates, treats and so many cat toys, including a cat nip ball, something my cats have never seen before.  There are some things really nice things I didn't get close-up pictures of, like two really cute pairs of slippers and honeysuckle shower gel and lotion.  We had so much fun opening the gifts and we loved everything!  
Thank you so much. 

Daisy inspecting the gifts.

The goodies!

The necklace I was telling you about and a very cute cat frame. 

Below, Speck enjoying the toys!

The beatiful quilt made just for Daisy!